Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

my 10r dyno

my 10r dyno

Originally posted by Kham
    he said the torque is "comparable". what's he mean?
    He meant to say "I dont know what I'm talking about" or "I dont want you to run again so I'll make an excuse"

The math doesn't lie. Its not comparable. You make at least 74.72RWTQ peak. That could be the the peak, but odds are its a little higher at a different RPM

Very respectable numbers, its quite the machine

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

my 10r dyno

The problem is that he probably didn't attach the pickup to the sparkplug wire. On a sportbike it is difficult to get to and may require removing the tank. That is why the chart is in MPH and not RPM. You need the RPM to get the torque and you need a cable going to the sparkplug wire to get the RPM. So if he did not do this that is why your torque is off.

my 10r dyno

Originally posted by Zero
    The problem is that he probably didn't attach the pickup to the sparkplug wire. On a sportbike it is difficult to get to and may require removing the tank. That is why the chart is in MPH and not RPM. You need the RPM to get the torque and you need a cable going to the sparkplug wire to get the RPM. So if he did not do this that is why your torque is off.
    Exactly. That is also why that at many group dyno days, only hp is measured.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

I Dance With Will

my 10r dyno

if he said something like "i dont know" or "we didn't do this we didn't do that because something didn't get hook up" then i would be less disappointed. i ask the guy if i was getting torque reading and he said "YES" and so i did it. they unscrew and took the cover behind the seat out, but i didn't see what they hook up. if i had spent little more to do it right i wouldn't mind.

it's my fault. i should have wait til August 1st. i thought it was a good deal but got fuck instead.

"fuckit!"

my 10r dyno

Is 25 bucks worth gettin' your panties all in a bunch?

Guess you got sum choices....

1. Take that weakling of a bike back to dealer, explaining why you want a replacement (don't forget to bring evidence)

2. Tear up the dyno result and wipe the dirt off your chain with it.

3. Take bike to a performance engine mechanic and have them run a baseline dyno, making sure the result is graphed on paper with RPM's on Y-axis and HP on X-axis (yer dealer will prolly ask for this as more evidence when asking for replacement bike)

4. F'get about it and spend more time riding.

Has this motor finished break-in yet?

'02 MS4

my 10r dyno

I think that it's good for everyone to get their bike dynoed at least once so that you can see on paper that it is running the way it should. Get the sniffer done and check the A/F. I think everyone including yourself agrees that this dyno chart is jacked. I would recommend going to a different dyno and getting a run. Your HP sounds right on, but yes your torque is way low.

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

my 10r dyno

Wow newest member today is RJ's Motorsports? Kham did you tell him about NESR Or did someone Give Roger the heads up?????? Hmmmmmmmmm Fishy, very fishy

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

Banned

my 10r dyno

Maybe it's the fact that RJ's have been tuning my race bike as a sponsor and we have mentioned them in the regular NESR racing articles in NorthEast Rider magazine.

We are also having the dyno day there Aug 1st which is now a Bryan Paquette fund raising event (see the dyno day thread)

derek.

my 10r dyno

There yea go I hardly ever go into the racing forum, didnt even know of the Dyno day....IS your bike down on HP like Khams

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

my 10r dyno

Should I have known earlier I would have mention your name to Roger I'm only there every weekend buying something.......Not that a makes difference but I am a repeat customer, good plug for the race team.

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

my 10r dyno

but you all have seen a stock 600 can put out about what? 46 ft-lbs? i mean how can other stock setup can put out about 70 ft-lbs and mine is 20 less? the HP is about right but fuck. do you think the guy whos been doing dyno for so many yrs will admit he missed something?

i want my refund and will need a new bike like you said.
    No, as Hberry stated, the dyno was not corrected for Barometric pressure, elevation, or temperature.

Don't worry, be happy!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

I Dance With Will

my 10r dyno

Originally posted by RevHappy
    Wow newest member today is RJ's Motorsports? Kham did you tell him about NESR Or did someone Give Roger the heads up?????? Hmmmmmmmmm Fishy, very fishy
    i didn't mention anything anywhere other than here. if Roger is here and he reads all this and understand it's BS and wouldn't mind giving me a free run on Aug, 1 then i'll be there.

"fuckit!"

my 10r dyno

Originally posted by Tarmac
    Is 25 bucks worth gettin' your panties all in a bunch?

Guess you got sum choices....

1. Take that weakling of a bike back to dealer, explaining why you want a replacement (don't forget to bring evidence)

2. Tear up the dyno result and wipe the dirt off your chain with it.

3. Take bike to a performance engine mechanic and have them run a baseline dyno, making sure the result is graphed on paper with RPM's on Y-axis and HP on X-axis (yer dealer will prolly ask for this as more evidence when asking for replacement bike)

4. F'get about it and spend more time riding.

Has this motor finished break-in yet?
    I vote number 2 and 4!!

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Banned

my 10r dyno

i didn't mention anything anywhere other than here. if Roger is here and he reads all this and understand it's BS and wouldn't mind giving me a free run on Aug, 1 then i'll be there.
    Not going to happen. Read the NESR dyno day thread and then come back and erase your last post.

I Dance With Will

my 10r dyno

nevermind then.

edit: oh i didn't see that. sorry about that.

"fuckit!"

my 10r dyno

MS that reply to Kham had more to do with the fact that the proceeds of the Dyno runs and merch. That day of the Dyno run Is going to the racers family that lost there love one. Hence Take care of the problem after the family has been taken care of.

At lease that was my take of it.... Sorry I should have never brought this back up...

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

Banned

my 10r dyno

1. NESR has a dyno day that Kham signed up form then backed out of as it was easier to do it at the motorcycle night and probably saved him a buck or two...fair enough in my book.

2. That night I am sure they tried to get through as many bikes as possible and they were rushing.

3. The dynojet machines have to be set up carefully for the temp/altitude etc and you need to get a good contact on the HT leads from the coil to get a good read, not easy in mobile mode with hundreds of bikes to run.

4. Yes, they should probably do another run for Kham for free BUT I asked Kham to go back and read the thread which he probably has not seen the update on, which states that the NESR dyno day is, at RJ's request, a Bryan Paquette family fund raising event and not really the time to go in for a free dyno run because of a bad torque reading.

NESR booked the dyno for the day, the August 1st day isn't the time for people to go in and ask for a free dyno run. That is not fair to NESR, Bryan Paquette's family and RJ's Motorsports.

I know Kham hadn't seen the update, that is why I was pointing it out, nothing against Kham and no offense intended.

So, having said that Joe, wanna have a friendly $50 bet on whether your 750 can beat my 600 for HP?

derek

I Dance With Will

my 10r dyno

ok folks, sorry for all this. just wanna say couple more things

1)i didn't know aboutthe fund raising event till just now.

2) i was little upset because someone who ran the dyno said "the torque is comparable". if he had said i dont know or we didn't hook this up and hook that up then i would be ok with it and would keep my signup and wouldn't mind paying another $40 bucks. i droped the sign up because as everyone said i should probly try another dyno. i trust the math and i did forget about all this.

so again sorry about all this. lets jus drop it please.

"fuckit!"

Banned

my 10r dyno

I bet if Kham PM's or call Roger (better to call probably) and points him to the thread with Kham's dyno on it that Roger will give Kham a dyno run.

Kham, I know you hadn't seen that thread so you didn't know, no problem.

Squid-boy, all I can say is CHICKEN!!!

You're not into putting your bike up against another in a lower displacement class for an easy $50???

derek

Banned

my 10r dyno

Dyno testing a bike is not an exact science. I agree that Kham's torwue readings are way low, something went wrong.

There are 3 ways to use a dyno for it's true purpose.

1. Multiple runs on the same bike with different jetting, pipes, filters etc

2. Dyno runs on different bikes on the same day for bench racing kudos (which is what the NESR dyno day is about)

3. Different bikes on the same day to rule out cheaters in racing.

end of story.

Any sentence that starts "my bike makes" should be considered as a ballpark figure and doesn't really prove anything.

By the way, I am absolutely certain that the dyno at RJ's is not "adjusted" to show low HP or Torque. I watched my bike being dyno'd at RJ's several times and the dyno was not played with and the figures were just about ballpark right.

derek

Banned

my 10r dyno

Originally posted by Mystery Squid
    Nope, ain't gonna do it. C'mon, you've probably toyed and tinkered w/that thing up the ying/yang. Sorry, but the risk outweighs the reward here....

Jeez, you know my numbers on that machine 109.8hp. You not gonna bet your rocketship against that?

derek

I Dance With Will

my 10r dyno

i want in. dunno which to pick yet.

"fuckit!"

my 10r dyno

Kham, when I saw you after the Dyno, I spoke with Roger and he said no corrections were made for environmental factors. You got the bargain basement pull (which happens to be the most accurate). You are going to be pleasantly suprised when they try to approximate "true" conditions. I can assure you your hp will be bumping 160 and torque will follow suit. He's using a 250 model Eddy Current dyno (much better than the 150). It is nearly impossible to estimate frictional losses and correct for ram effect. It is accepted that the power will go up with these factors but they are really meaningless. The real number was your 146 hp. The torque is screwed, I agree.....but I forget who mentioned it earlier...... they need to lock on to the plug wire. For our dyno/fundraiser day, he told me he will be correcting for enviro. factors. Cheer up homey!

BTW, if you still get the "low" numbers I'll take the 10R off your hands....just paint it green first.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123