Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

She'll be here Sunday...! ! ! !

Cool She'll be here Sunday...! ! ! !

My '88 Hawk GT will be here this weekend...I am so excited....!

Back story...
    About three months ago I decided I Had to have another Hawk to use as a track day ride, two months ago, after all the looking I bought one in Chicago from a fellow Guzzi-phile.

Before making the decision to buy that particular nicely set up Hawk, I asked around about the possibility of finding transportation from Chi Town to Maine or at least the East. Another Guzzi Guy stepped up and told me he would traveling to Conn in March for a scheduled work visit and that he would gladly haul it out in his van. Excellent.
    I based this purchase on the fact that this would happen... silly me...! LOL

Well as luck would have it March came and went and no Hawk transport to Conn.. I talked with the fellow that told me he was heading this way and it seems he now did not know when he Might be coming East... Great.

I started another search for transport while signing up for U-Ship, an on-line shipping site to pursue hiring a privateer trucker to haul her out here.

Well I made a connection with a small trucking company a couple of days ago and the driver will pick up the Hawk in Chicago Saturday morning and I will meet him in Portsmouth, NH late Sunday afternoon, pay the nice man and bring her home to Maine...

Schweet... Photos later.

Good weekends all around...!

Rob

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    AMA ~ USCRA ~ MGNOC

2013 FLHTC, 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio and a Bunch of other Guzzis, '85 RZ 350 KR, '88 Hawk GT, '74 Dalesman Trails, '72 Triumph T 100 R Daytona.. etc...

Re: She'll be here Sunday...! ! ! !

Woot!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X