Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1st experience with downtown dirt bikers

Hypertarded

1st experience with downtown dirt bikers

With the great weather yesterday bikes were out in force here in RI. I happened to be downtown in Providence last night for dinner & drinks and while traversing the city between 2 locations we ran into 3 groups of dirt bikes ripping thru the city. For you city dwellers i'm sure this is a common site, but this was my 1st run in with dirt bikes in the city and I must say it was an odd experience .

First off they were all true dirt bikes, so no lights at all, very weird (and hard) to see. Also most of them were 2-strokes , ranging from a few RM/KX 80s to multiple KX/YZ/CR 125 & 250s, screaming loud. The weirdness continued with the bizarre fact they all seemed to be obeying the traffic signals, stopping at red lights, which I didn't really see the point of. mostly helmetless, several had backpacks. Woolies galore, hoping onto sidewalks at times, reversing direction and circling randomly.

Perhaps the oddest sight was when I pulled into a gas station located in the middle of a round-about / 6 way intersection. There was a Providence officer getting gas & a gatorade and while we were both at the gas pumps a group of 6 dirt bikes came around the round-about, stopped at the intersection, 2 circled up onto the sidewalk, then green light and they all took off with a few wheelie-ing away from the light. The cop seemed extremely uninterested, as in he payed nearly no attention to the bikers as he threw out some trash from his car and slowly got situated to pull away in the opposite direction as if he didn't hear them.

Of course there were also the mandatory LEDed extended swingarm crew, they seemed tame in comparison

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 1st experience with downtown dirt bikers

I know in CT there are many cities that now have a no chase mandate for dirt bikes and quads.

Apparently it is because a cop was chasing someone on a quad who ended up crashing and died...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I know in CT there are many cities that now have a no chase mandate for dirt bikes and quads.

Apparently it is because a cop was chasing someone on a quad who ended up crashing and died...
    Sounds like we need a few more chases to thin the herd.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

#bikelife lol

I have been on these rides in South Central LA area near Inglewood/Compton area...Pretty exhilarating stuff...But my whoolies sucked in comparison

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Lifer

So some guys rode their bikes around with their friends and nothing bad happened? That is weird.

nedirtriders.com

This thread will no doubt be getting updated soon: Dirt Bikes Seized by Boston Police

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

My wife had a run-in with three squids who filtered up through traffic, then stopped in front of her to check their text messages at the light. When the light turned green, she beeped and they took offense. They had license plates, bent up.

When she called the MSP (the barracks in Southie was right up the street) she was told, "We can't chase them so there's nothing we can do about it." BPD doesn't try to chase them, they usually try to figure out where the nest is....

A relative is a LEO in NH and he does not give bikes speeding tickets if they stop for him, as they also have a "Do Not Chase" policy.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-11-17 at 03:37 AM.

Can you please spare us yet another​ thread where you grab each other's asses and tell each other what good motorcyclists you are?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Yep. Definitely not in Portland. Guessing they would have no problem throwing down the spikes and scraping 'em off the road.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Screw the squids, we should all have Range Rovers...

Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.