Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2003 gsx0r600z

2003 gsx0r600z

Just purchased an '03 gsx-r600z. I'm looking for new fairings because I don't like the ones on it. Thought replacing might be less than having them painted. Anyone have any experience with the Chinese ones on Ebay or Amazon? They range in price from $200 to $600. Some of which come with a "free" windscreen, fasteners and heat shield. I also notice when I look for fairings for the r600z model they say not compatible. Looks like the Z designation is for the 40th anniversary edition, but still don't know if the fairings are different form the other K3 fairings.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2003 gsx0r600z

I think the general consensus among GSXR owners with regards to random Chinese fairings is that they can work fine but it is a gamble when you order them, and the quality will never be OEM. Some folks luck out and get the in a month with perfect fit, some guys have waited a year and gotten terrible/no customer service. If you can find an eBay OEM set I think the fairings off any 600 in that year will be a match.

If you have good condition fairings off an Alstare 40th anniversary bike they might be worth some money though (?). I'd look into trading them for another OEM set before painting or buying cheap ones.

Check out gixxer.com too as there are plenty of guys there who have dealt with this.

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    I think the general consensus among GSXR owners with regards to random Chinese fairings is that they can work fine but it is a gamble when you order them, and the quality will never be OEM. Some folks luck out and get the in a month with perfect fit, some guys have waited a year and gotten terrible/no customer service. If you can find an eBay OEM set I think the fairings off any 600 in that year will be a match.

If you have good condition fairings off an Alstare 40th anniversary bike they might be worth some money though (?). I'd look into trading them for another OEM set before painting or buying cheap ones.

Check out gixxer.com too as there are plenty of guys there who have dealt with this.
    Thanks, I tried to register for gixxer.com and it wouldn't let me. My fairings are in good shape, only a little scuff on the left side rear. Doubt I'd get anything much for them as the dealer I bought it from was having a hard time selling the bike. Thought about the same for the Chinese fairings; was hoping though. I was thinking of plastidipping my current set too. that way it doesn't ruin the authenticity of the 40th anniversary bike. (not that I really care, but if it can bring me a few more dollars upon upgrading, then so be it). I'd like to go to a liter bike next year.

For $600 you can get a pretty decent paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by playscbricks View Post
    Thanks, I tried to register for gixxer.com and it wouldn't let me. My fairings are in good shape, only a little scuff on the left side rear. Doubt I'd get anything much for them as the dealer I bought it from was having a hard time selling the bike. Thought about the same for the Chinese fairings; was hoping though. I was thinking of plastidipping my current set too. that way it doesn't ruin the authenticity of the 40th anniversary bike. (not that I really care, but if it can bring me a few more dollars upon upgrading, then so be it). I'd like to go to a liter bike next year.
    Yeah, not sure with the '03 but if they're unique to other models they might be worth more to someone doing a resto. Problem is waiting for and finding that someone.

I'm sure with some research you could land a $400 set of Chinese plastics that would work just fine or with minimal tweaks. Just make sure to do the research... even better if you can find a US distributor who already has some molded, otherwise they're probably not sitting on a shelf in Guangzhou, most likely they'll get sent to order after you pay and you get them when they're ready.

You can find plastidip in a semi-gloss and it actually looks decent, but gets damaged pretty easy. Vinyl wrap might be another option. There's a ton of aftermarket stuff for the gixxers out there, keep digging!

If you want me to PM a mod about the signup on gixxer forums let me know your username/email

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350