Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2007-2009 CBR 600RR

2007-2009 CBR 600RR

***Hey Guys! I actually made this post at sportbikes.net and moved it here as I just registered for these forums today! :-). Sorry if you already read this at sbikes.net. Just wanted to see if I could get some more local feedback***

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post to the forums but I have been trolling for a while. I am an active rider in the Middlesex area of Massachusetts. I currently have a 1995 ZX-6, I've been riding her for about 4-5 years now and am looking to upgrade this season.

My question is about cost. I realize that the MSRP is not necessarily what you are going to be paying for the vehicle you're buying, but because of the cost of bikes you probably won't be getting as much of a discount as you would if it were a $20,000 car. I'm in love with the 2008 and 2009 cbr600rr's and was wondering if anyone out there had purchased either of these models and what their final price was. I believe the MSRP is around $9,599 but last year I had a dealer quote me $8,600 out the door for one (I ended up buying a new car instead, priorities in New England you know :-P).

Anyways, if anyone could give me their experiences with purchasing a newer cbr600 or point me to a thread that would it would be most appreciated. Thanks and remember to keep your rubber side down.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I Dance With Will

Re: 2007-2009 CBR 600RR

i think the price depends on if you're a female and how good looking you are..

"fuckit!"

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Find an 08 Sitting on the Floor somewhere, You will do well.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL 441 View Post
    This seems to be the general feelings of everyone so far. Which I can say I am extremely pleased to hear.

welcome glad to see you made it over.

yeah, a leftover 07 or 08 would be best, since they're the same mechanically, as long as you aren't looking to get ABS. finding one might be tough, but i'm sure if you can find one, there'll be a decent deal on it (wintertime as well as dealer incentives due to craptacular economy)

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

I am in the same deal brother, going to buy an '08 CBR600RR off the showroom floor for track/street duty, looking for a deal.

I know they are out there, we just need to be patient and look!

Don't Fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

NEW STREET/TRACK: 2007.5 Aprilia Tuono
    STREET/TRACK: '08 CBR600RR (SOLD)
    '07 VFR800 (SOLD)

MidMassGsxr

I know central mass motorsports had one lying around, we also have a memebr who works for cycle design in Phillipston too, she can give you a heads up im sure.

Naults in windham has one too I think.

Last edited by jmh992003; 02-04-09 at 06:59 PM. Reason: adding info

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) 320x320; VZW; UTStar-XV6800; Window Mobile 6.0 Professional

check the website for troy ciy motorcycle in troy ny. They list everything with the price and if you can match their prices you have done well. I know folks on here have bought and had good exp with thbem

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL 441 View Post
    Not anymore...

Honda also just went through a huge price increase for 2009. That makes the leftover units highly desireable, and dealers are no longer giving them away.

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

I bought a 2008 CBR600RR this past September out-the-door for $8600. So $1000 off MSRP. That's the bike and all dealer fees. I probably could have shopped around and saved another two hundred or so if I was willing to drive a long ways, but I was happy buying it from a local mom and pop place.

Purchase experience was easy and painless. You can see my thread about North Reading Motorsports in the Reviews forum; I would recommend them highly for a Honda purchase.

no bikes currently

OK guys, the game has officially changed...

I was just at Nault's Honda/Kawi in Windham, NH. Mark was my floor salesman, really cool guy never once tried to get me to sit down and talk numbers with him which I appreciate.

Anyways, they have awesome deals on 08 ZX-6R and ZX-10R's! Almost mind-blowing. And honestly, looking at both the 08 CBR600RR (silver) and the 08 ZX-6R (black&red special edition), the Kawasaki just looks a hell of a lot better to me! Such a difference in person.

Does anyone own an 07/08 ZX-6R? Any reason why you would recommend it over the CBR? I mean, besides the great sticker and financing deals that I can get. I don't want to turn this into a flame fest between zx6 and cbr riders, just the facts people .

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

because its cooler than the CBR

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

no way the kawi gets the nod over the CBR. The 600rr will eat the kawi alive both on the track and street. The kawi may be a little more comfortable for you depending on your size but personally I thought the Honda felt better. My sister's buddy has an 08 6r and he's getting rid of it. He said it was an ok bike but he didn't love it. He also had some issues with his rotors warping and kawi basically told him to eat it. Not that that would happen to you but personally...CBR ALL THE WAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptman View Post
    no way the kawi gets the nod over the CBR. The 600rr will eat the kawi alive both on the track and street. The kawi may be a little more comfortable for you depending on your size but personally I thought the Honda felt better. My sister's buddy has an 08 6r and he's getting rid of it. He said it was an ok bike but he didn't love it. He also had some issues with his rotors warping and kawi basically told him to eat it. Not that that would happen to you but personally...CBR ALL THE WAY!!!!
    Well, I don't go to the track so it would be strictly street. Also, I don't think I would push the bike to the limit where it would NEED to eat another bike alive . Basically, I want something that will handle well at street speeds (30-70mph), be a comfortable ride, look DAMN good, and most importantly be a safe, well built machine.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

im pretty sure nowadays you can walk into a dealer blindfolded and throw a penny and hit a bike that fits that criteria.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    im pretty sure nowadays you can walk into a dealer blindfolded and throw a penny and hit a bike that fits that criteria.
    haha, good point. Looks like I'll be happy either way then

They're Japanese... They're fine...

the honda's have way more mid range than the kawis in those years.

i'm a kawi guy at heart though so i'd buy the kawi. buy what you like. it's 2009...there is no such thing as a shitty sportsbike anymore.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by hurstshifter View Post
    Well, I don't go to the track so it would be strictly street. Also, I don't think I would push the bike to the limit where it would NEED to eat another bike alive . Basically, I want something that will handle well at street speeds (30-70mph), be a comfortable ride, look DAMN good, and most importantly be a safe, well built machine.
    For a straight street riding, of the ones you've mentioned I'd
    go with the CBR. More mid and low end torque over the Kawi.
    better yet save some $$ and get a used 636.

2008 Honda CBR 600RR

Quote Originally Posted by akira700 View Post
    For a straight street riding, of the ones you've mentioned I'd
    go with the CBR. More mid and low end torque over the Kawi.
    better yet save some $$ and get a used 636.
    I've always had a thing for the 04-06 range 636's. But honestly I'd like to get something new this time around. I think I'm going to end up sticking with the 08 zx-6r unless I can find a killer deal on a cbr. I can always sell it and upgrade next year! :-)

I have ridden both bikes pretty hard and I think you should hold out for the CBR. The ZX6r is pretty gutless down low and powered for track duty (high rev power). Even when it winds up the power is still less than optimal compared to the other 600 bikes. The handling is superb and very confidence inspiring and the brakes are the best I have felt from a stock Jap bike. The ergos were awful for me at 5'8" 200 pounds.
    The CBR ergos, awesome. The power is perfect, better than you would expect and other than for sound reasons, does not need a pipe fitted. Brakes are great and the bike is much lighter.

I rode both bikes on the Dragon in NC and the CBR rode better that harder I pushed it. The bike just never flinched. The ZX was great at higher speed cornering but took longer to get up to speed. The ZX was more work to flick from left to right. The latest CBR for me is the best 600 ever made.

Trackday ride: 2001 gsxr 600
    Pit Bike: Xtreme 125 cc
    Cage toy: 1980 Jeep CJ-5 It will wheelie too.
    Daily beater: 2005 Chevy Colorado 4x4 four door.

Quote Originally Posted by SVixxer View Post
    I have ridden both bikes pretty hard and I think you should hold out for the CBR. The ZX6r is pretty gutless down low and powered for track duty (high rev power). Even when it winds up the power is still less than optimal compared to the other 600 bikes. The handling is superb and very confidence inspiring and the brakes are the best I have felt from a stock Jap bike. The ergos were awful for me at 5'8" 200 pounds.
    The CBR ergos, awesome. The power is perfect, better than you would expect and other than for sound reasons, does not need a pipe fitted. Brakes are great and the bike is much lighter.

I rode both bikes on the Dragon in NC and the CBR rode better that harder I pushed it. The bike just never flinched. The ZX was great at higher speed cornering but took longer to get up to speed. The ZX was more work to flick from left to right. The latest CBR for me is the best 600 ever made.

Good info there, I appreciate the detail. Well, like I said if I can score a killer deal on an 08 or 07 cbr I will certainly take it. We'll see what the cards have in store for me.

I guess its not the color you want but its an option. I haven;t ridden either vintage of these bikes so I can;t offer a comparison, but you can't really go wrong either way I don't think. Get what you like and you'll be fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...3A1|240%3A1318

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

I priced out the CBR 600's at the beginning of '08. Visited Best Cycle in Nashua and Nault's Honda in Manch. I couldn't get either dealer to budge on price. Ended up at Souhegan Valley Motorsports and picked up an '07 zx6r Monster Energy edition with zero miles for close to $2500 less than the others were asking for the CBR. Bike has had zero maintenance issues since I purchased it ~8,000 miles ago. Sean, Scott and Sarah at Souhegan were a pleasure to deal with and spent 80% of their time answering unrelated bike racing questions verses even pushing a sale. Even now I trek out to Milford to purchase parts both for the SV and the Kawi as their prices rival other vendors on the net.

As for the CBR verses a zx6r... everyone to their own. In a street application, you'll rarely get to use the bike at anything greater than 8/10ths of it's actual capability. Hell, first gear is good for ~85mph... and there's another 5 gears to go. If a couple of tenths of a second are that important to you and you have an extra $2,500 kicking around, go for the cbr. If not... kawi.

I think they have an '08 zx6r currently for $7,900.
    http://www.souheganvalleymotorsports.com/default.asp

Fitz

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I priced out the CBR 600's at the beginning of '08. Visited Best Cycle in Nashua and Nault's Honda in Manch. I couldn't get either dealer to budge on price. Ended up at Souhegan Valley Motorsports and picked up an '07 zx6r Monster Energy edition with zero miles for close to $2500 less than the others were asking for the CBR. Bike has had zero maintenance issues since I purchased it ~8,000 miles ago. Sean, Scott and Sarah at Souhegan were a pleasure to deal with and spent 80% of their time answering unrelated bike racing questions verses even pushing a sale. Even now I trek out to Milford to purchase parts both for the SV and the Kawi as their prices rival other vendors on the net.

As for the CBR verses a zx6r... everyone to their own. In a street application, you'll rarely get to use the bike at anything greater than 8/10ths of it's actual capability. Hell, first gear is good for ~85mph... and there's another 5 gears to go. If a couple of tenths of a second are that important to you and you have an extra $2,500 kicking around, go for the cbr. If not... kawi.

I think they have an '08 zx6r currently for $7,900.
    http://www.souheganvalleymotorsports.com/default.asp

Fitz

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Fitz. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your ZX6R as I think that is the bike I'll be going with at this point. 08' Special Edition Ebony. I'll update this thread if I end up signing this week (which is very possible).