Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

frustrated service experience

Nice TT's

Exclamation frustrated service experience

well i havnt taken the trumpet up to great bay yet but, i talked to mike from there and was just gauging his experience with the tt600's and he seemed to know what he was talking about, the old girl had just 1200 at the beg of last yera now im @ 5500, did 2 lof's last summer and other then that just rode the thing. this year im planning on doing some track days and i wanna have it ready so i inquired about the 12000 mile service knowing valve adjustments would be in cluded. well he said it would be about 800 or a little less. included was front and possibly rear brakes, coolant(would have them put water wetter in) change brake fluid, tires (tires themselves not included) and replace chain. the reason im pissed is because i told the guy that i work for chrysler as a service advisor and that i know the job he does, i convayed my knowledge of the industry and tried to get him to say he would install my parts on the bike but he wouldnt i dont get why it stupid, if your gonna flush the brake sysem PUT MY MASTER CYLINDER IN if your gonna change the rear brakes here, toss my rear sets on and adjust as needed, ahhhhhh sorry, rant off

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: frustrated service experience

sometimes, when all the voices in my head get going, I feel the same way. go take your meds.

I have no idea what's going on right now. He wouldn't do any extra work for free and your pissed? And because you 2 have similar jobs you feel like he's broken the bond you 2 share? I'm sure there is some one here that may help you out with a service, but not if you just expect them to do extra things for free. end of rant. also try using a Period.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

If you have any knowledge of anything mechanical you can do all that stuff in 2 hours or less, (If your bike has 5500 Miles on it whey are you doing a 12000 mile service?.)

Installing rearsets is the easist thing in the world.

The only tricky thing you should check o your bike is the strearing bearing On my old daytona it would need be be checked and or tighten every 3000 mile or so.

Great bay is a great shop.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

great bay sucks. dont go there. never heard good things. end of rant.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

shouldnt this topic be in the vendor review group?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft