Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2015-yamaha...1-full-reveal/

So what is everyone's thoughts? Headlights are kind tough to get used to. Also, R7 what the hell I have to google this for myself?

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015_yam_yzf1000r1_eu_vrc1_stu_001_03-1024x842-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015_yam_yzf1000r1_eu_vrc1_stu_001_03-1024x842-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

its in my blood

Re: 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....

I like it.. looks Awesome

Specs:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015_yam_yzf1000r1_eur_techn-specs_03112014-681x1024-jpg  

Riding "The Widow Maker" LiterR1's Avatar

it's a dramatic change from the twin under tail exhaust and headlights
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1m-2-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-34-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-74-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-12-a  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-11-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-021-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-65-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-051-a  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-53-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-071-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-43-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-39-a  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-60-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-49-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-64-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-62-a  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-56-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-69-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-68-a   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-67-a  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-2015-yamaha-yzf-r1-71-a  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by LiterR1; 11-03-14 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny500 View Post
    Talk about good riders... you are one fun guy to ride with!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yamaha will produce a special R1 edition aimed at professional teams and highly experienced riders who demand the ultimate track and race performance. Featuring a range of highly sophisticated equipment – including Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS), carbon bodywork, a Communication Control Unit (CCU) and high-specification Bridgestone tyres – the YZF-R1M will be produced in limited quantities.
    Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS)
    The YZF-R1M is equipped with an Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS) system that is designed to further bring out the machine’s high level of performance on the race circuit.
    This highly sophisticated new electronic front and rear suspension takes data from the 6-axis IMU and various sensors, and – based on the running conditions – the system’s Suspension Control Unit (SCU) makes integrated adjustments to the front and rear suspension. The chief advantages of the ERS include additional stability and control during braking by reducing fork diving, as well as improved cornering control and increased traction when exiting corners.
    The key to the effectiveness of the ERS is the 6-axis IMU that is constantly monitoring the force and speed of every movement made by the YZF-R1M in
    3 dimensions. By instantly analyzing the data from the IMU, the ERS assesses the running conditions, and at the same time the SCU calculates the ideal compression and rebound damping forces required for the front and rear suspension systems. Signals are sent to step motors that make instantaneous adjustments to the front and rear damping, enabling the YZF-R1M rider to benefit from a suspension system that is constantly being fine-tuned to work at its most effective setting.
    This new Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS) offers a choice of ‘Automatic’ and ‘Manual’ modes, and within each of these two modes there is a selection of three different settings, giving the rider a choice of six unique settings to suit a wide range of preferences and different surfaces. When the ‘Automatic’ mode is selected, two of the running modes have a function that allows the rider to make fine adjustments to the damping to suit specific circuits or conditions.
    For stable damping characteristics and more efficient adjustment, the front forks have separated damping functions, with the compression damping handled by the left fork, and the rebound damping handled by the right fork. The design of the ERS also permits the independent adjustment of the compression and rebound damping functions on the front and rear suspension systems, with initial adjustment being made by means of a hand operated knob.
    Carbon bodywork
    As a genuine ‘factory racer’, the YZF-R1M is equipped with a full carbon fairing, carbon front fender and carbon seat cover. The lightweight carbon cowling is coated in a clear finish and features upper, central and lower sections painted in a new specially developed metallic-look silver paint with racing blue accents that match the blue YZR-M1 style wheels.
    Communication Control Unit (CCU) with GPS*
    Fitted as standard equipment on the YZF-R1M, the Communication Control Unit (CCU) is a user-friendly interface with a comprehensive data logging function that allows riders to record a wide range of running data, including lap times, speed, throttle position, GPS tracking, lean angle and more. Data can be viewed, compared and shared on a tablet using a wireless connection with the R1′s CCU, enabling riders to analyze the previous race or track session and make any necessary adjustments.
    Riders can also use the CCU as a means of communicating with the Yamaha Ride Control (YRC) system and viewing, downloading or changing the running mode settings. By using a downloadable Android (4.2 on) app, the YRC settings can be amended wirelessly, allowing R1M riders to make quick and easy from a menu of factory or custom settings.
    Exclusive design
    Another exclusive feature on the YZF-R1M is the use of a highly polished aluminium fuel tank that features a clear finish to bring out the qualities of the material. To complement the aluminium tank and silver coloured fairing sections, the R1M’s upward-truss type swinging arm has also a highly polished aluminium finish in contrast to the standard R1’s black coating.
    More exclusive design features can be seen with the gold-coloured front radial mount calipers, while the Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS) use specially finished 43mm gold inner tubes on the front forks.
    High specification tyres
    The R1M’s specially developed tyres are the result of a joint collaboration between Yamaha and Bridgestone, the current MotoGP supplier. The 200/55- ZR17 rear tyre and 120/70-ZR17 front tyre use a special compound that has been formulated to optimize the performance characteristics of the R1 on the circuit.
    Limited availability
    Teams and individuals are asked to apply online via their national distributor for an offer of a machine, via the dedicated YZF-R1M application system that opens on December 1st 2014. Once the distributor has received online applications they will establish contact between selected Yamaha dealers and potential customers to make an appointment to discuss the availability of the limited supply of machinery. It is anticipated that demand will exceed supply, and Yamaha distributors will use their discretion in managing the allocation of YZF-R1M units
    The Yamaha Racing Experience – YRE (MCNews.com.au is not sure if will be applicable to Australian customers)
    All new YZF-R1M owners will receive an invitation to participate in the exclusive YRE Yamaha Racing Experience with their own machine.
    The YRE will take place at 4 key European race circuits in July 2015, and during the one and a half days experience, participants will get the opportunity to meet special Yamaha V.I.P. guests and will take part in track sessions on their own R1M with top-level trainers. Yamaha technicians will also be on site to give professional race set-up advice.
    YZF-R1M – Silver Blu Carbon
    Availability - March 2015
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-15_r1m_silver_d4-1024x682-jpg  

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Ill take an M. Dont care what color.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I dig it.

Love it. Blue and silver/white

I like the black one best.
    Not a fan of the big muffler with the "slipon" next to the wheel. Clean that monstrosity up and we've got a winner.
    Still, I don't belong anywhere near the thing.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

What headlights? Is this thing even street legal?

Fugly.

197HP, 83lbft, and 438lb wet. Holy hell. Pretty nice. Those are some funky fork adjustments, haven't seen that setup before.

Whats the msrp on the M?

CCS #31

I like it. Makes me want another sport bike but I'd get into too much trouble too fast

James

According to the Yamaha website, the standard version is $16490, the M $21990. I'd like to ride one, but I need my license to remain in my wallet, not the DMV's shredder. Also, I would prefer to stay out of jail.

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Sounds like there won't be much getting your hands on the M model. Application process, scarcity, seems like they'll primarily be heading to race teams with resumes reaching further than LRRS.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Aesthetically, I think it is a HUGE step backwards. Looks like they were channeling the old YZF600F

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-yamaha_yzf600_thundercat_200422-jpg

It looks Like they were trying to riff on the S1000R and Panigale, then threw some denali rally lights on from a GS adventure bike just to confuse a little more.

Honestly, it's in BAD need of a paint job that isn't from 1987 too. The last generation matte black with red trim was so beautiful, and even the retro yellow and black... how do they go this half cooked on the design when the engineering is so great!?!?! Is it budgetary?

I'm sure it's a dream to ride though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_rFXubdWFs

Quote Originally Posted by duganc1717 View Post
    http://www.mcnews.com.au/2015-yamaha...1-full-reveal/

So what is everyone's thoughts? Headlights are kind tough to get used to. Also, R7 what the hell I have to google this for myself?

I watch the 1 hour 15 minute reveal of it live today starting at 3, then had to leave for an appointment shortly after. I think the bike looks sick, if they had came out with the same color combo in red/white as the first R1 did in 1998, I'd be running to the dealer with a deposit! It's about the looks for me, simply because I can't use the bike to its potential. And my current Aprilia has mostly all the same electronics as the new R1 with the exception of ABS

Yamaha

Riding "The Widow Maker" LiterR1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaRce1o View Post
    Whats the msrp on the M?
    2015 YZF-R1M $21,990
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-jpg   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-6-jpg   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-4-jpg   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-5-jpg  

2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-3-jpg   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-2-jpg   2015 Yamaha R1, what's the verdict?.....-img-1-jpg  

Last edited by LiterR1; 11-03-14 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny500 View Post
    Talk about good riders... you are one fun guy to ride with!!

That silver is good too. ^

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

xxaarraa

Wow, I like it a lot. Feels like you could buy that thing, take off the lights, safety wire and turn into a track bike straight up (except the belly pan). The bodywork almost feels "track ready" which is very cool.

Last edited by xxaarraa; 11-04-14 at 05:29 AM.

Yamaha definitely developed this bike with the racer and racing in mind. All the street lighting looks easily removable, and able to be blocked off. The plastics look easily removable as well, so if you did want to go with full race plastics it would be easy to do. Also, that tank is straight off the YZR-M1.

This bike was made to dominate the race track, and I like the direction that Yamaha is going.

EDIT: I hope the polarizing (race-inspired) styling will force more squids to buy something else.

Last edited by LXnastynotch93; 11-04-14 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LXnastynotch93 View Post
    EDIT: I hope the polarizing (race-inspired) styling will force more squids to buy something else.
    That would mean no inexpensive cosmetically totalled racers and that's a bummer.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    That would mean no inexpensive cosmetically totalled racers and that's a bummer.
    This is also true lol.

From what I've seen on the Bike Life MA Facebook page, all the "murduh da streetz" wanna be Jason Brittons, and general squid population hates the styling. In the words of Grumpy Cat: Good. This is a great victory for Yamaha.

I have mixed feelings. I dislike the headlights and that they moved away from the undertail exhaust. Other than that, I dig it.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast