Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Barber vintage bike races, 07-09Oct16

Barber vintage bike races, 07-09Oct16

Anyone here going?

PhilB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

Re: Barber vintage bike races, 07-09Oct16

I highly recommend this event. This was the 12th annual. It was my second time there; I had been to the 7th one in 2011, so I knew this was going to be fun.

I had a great time. Rode down from St. Louis (about 550 miles) on Thursday (06Oct). Camped for the weekend at the tent camping lot. Met a lot of cool people, saw many cool bikes, some good racing, vendors and swap meet, etc. Spent a good deal of Friday and some of Sunday in the motorcycle (and Lotus) museum – this is a must-be-on-your-bucketlist item if you have any interest in motorcycles at all.

Went to the MOTUS factory openhouse Saturday evening; saw the factory and met (more of) the people. Vicki Smith organized a Ducati dinner that evening also, and a bull session with Cook Neilson, Peter Egan, Paul Ritter, and few other people who have been influential in the history of motorcycling in America over the last 40+ years. It was a real treat to listen to these guys swap stories, to ask questions and discuss things. Especially Peter Egan, who has been a top journalist for many years, and who has influenced my own motorcycling choices and knowledge.

Rode back Monday (10Oct). Great trip.

PhilB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

My friend Tom went down with a guy who races CB750s, he says it's a must see event and the track is sublime.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Phil B and his world-renowned 238k Monster... VN. Barber Vintage Festival 2016 | paulritterblog

Quote of the blog, lol..... "It’s licensed in New Hampshire so he must ride a lot during their short riding season."

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!