Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2017 Honda CBR 1000RR "Total Control"

Re: 2017 Honda CBR 1000RR "Total Control"

I'm really just bored with continuously beating the same drum, in a thread about the new Fireblade of all places. Sulk your ass back over to the Johnson thread.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    ... I'm all for freedoms, but you should only be free ...
    Meaning you're not all for freedoms.

... "to each their own" when your actions don't impact others. The minute they do, they should be subject to controls. ...
    EVERY action you take impacts others. That's not the correct criterion. You should be free "to each their own" when your actions don't *violate the equal rights of* others. The minute they do THAT, they should be subject to controls. And not one minute sooner.

That's a different standard. Your criterion would leave virtually nothing to freedom.

PhilB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

I say to have a liter bike you should be licensed for open carry as the things are ballistic. Only kidding. That said some of us know an H2 owner who should be banned from anything greater than a small displacement low power bike. Even then he might be a danger to himself and all around him. Yet his ego gets in the way. On the street and track.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

2017 Honda CBR 1000RR "Total Control"

Hardly Phil. In my proposed fantasy land... You're free to buy a 1000. You're free to ride it on race tracks or private property. The minute you are on *public* streets you should be required to demonstrate your ability to ride responsibly. Tiered licensing is just one of many ways to attempt to address it.

Gun analogy? Sure. Buy whatever you want for personal use on private property. You want to carry concealed? Demonstrate knowledge, get licensed and be subject to training.

CCS/LRRS #83

Don't forget that the liter bike market in Europe varies drastically from country to country. England has by far the strongest motorcycle culture, but in high-tax countries (and Scandinavia) the popularity of motorcycles goes way down. Scooters are another kettle of fish entirely.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Hardly Phil. In my proposed fantasy land... You're free to buy a 1000. You're free to ride it on race tracks or private property. The minute you are on *public* streets you should be required to demonstrate your ability to ride responsibly. Tiered licensing is just one of many ways to attempt to address it.
    You are valuing security over liberty, which is fine until you start using force against those who value liberty over security. At that point you are violating the rights of others.

Gun analogy? Sure. Buy whatever you want for personal use on private property. You want to carry concealed? Demonstrate knowledge, get licensed and be subject to training.
    And that's also a violation of the rights of others. Unless and until a person actually behaves in such a way as to harm or significantly endanger others, he is (rightfully) free to do as he chooses.

PhilB

"A free man must be able to endure it when his fellow men act and live otherwise than he considers proper." -- Ludwig von Mises
    1993 Ducati Monster M900; 265,000 miles -- killed by minivan 30Oct17

My freedom from you being a dumbass is not less important than your freedom TO be a dumbass. That's called society, and is what separates us humans from animals.

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion on the matter, but the fact is, the majority of Americans seem to disagree with you. YOUR definition of "freedom" doesn't matter, because a society has to accept a common definition and sets rules to ensure it is preserved. You don't like it, change the rules. I think you'll have a far harder time fulfilling your wet-dream than I would have fulfilling mine.

Someone's overarching right to freedom and liberty means, they are free to be without your intrusion into that liberty. It doesn't work the other way around, where you're free to do whatever you want that may cause harm to others simply living their life. And unfortunately, the time for corrective matters has passed once an idiot decides to hurtle into you at 150 mph on a crotch rocket they have no clue how to ride properly.

Last edited by scottieducati; 09-22-16 at 03:45 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Back on topic tho...

Attachment 45883

Attachment 45884

Attachment 45885

Saw these on the Faceyspaces... not sure if this is a custom design or supposed to be the real deal, I didn't think it had a SSSA....

CCS/LRRS #83

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

For a second I thought that might be me and the Beta....

CCS/LRRS #83

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12