Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2021 Honda CBR 1000RR-R SP has a new home :-)

Re: 2021 Honda CBR 1000RR-R SP has a new home :-)

I mean, it could be competitive now. This is the actual platform they are racing. Off the showroom floor, it would get crushed. Racing at any high level is the result of constant setup work.

Interestingly, I sat of both the regular rr and this side by side. The two bikes look and feel nothing alike. I couldn't even make the suspension move on the RR-R. It felt like it was locked out with my 135 pounds on it. The RR felt normal and I could move the springs. This thing has electronic Ohlins, which I sincerely doubt any racer uses. They have teams to set up the forks every weekend. Electronics just get in the way. Other than that and lots of ECU tuning, this bike is what they currently race IMO.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

2021 Honda CBR 1000RR-R SP has a new home :-)

The guys on 44 teeth had an interesting take on this after riding it, they said they could feel how the computer is constantly adjusting things for given throttle positions and scenarios. It’s got some really complex electronics under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by scottieducati; 11-05-20 at 11:56 AM.

CCS/LRRS #83

Re: 2021 Honda CBR 1000RR-R SP has a new home :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I mean, it could be competitive now. This is the actual platform they are racing. Off the showroom floor, it would get crushed. Racing at any high level is the result of constant setup work.

Interestingly, I sat of both the regular rr and this side by side. The two bikes look and feel nothing alike. I couldn't even make the suspension move on the RR-R. It felt like it was locked out with my 135 pounds on it. The RR felt normal and I could move the springs. This thing has electronic Ohlins, which I sincerely doubt any racer uses. They have teams to set up the forks every weekend. Electronics just get in the way. Other than that and lots of ECU tuning, this bike is what they currently race IMO.
    There is a new base rr but it is not coming to the US this year. We are only getting the SP version here sadly. We are getting the older base RR like Tony has for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
    2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12