Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2022 XSR 900

2022 XSR 900

So what is it? Retro bike, Naked bike, Sport Heritage? I decided to find out. Deposit in September it came in the 29'th of November. I went through Mom's in Foxboro as they are a large volume dealer and are getting allotment from Yamaha USA to order a bike and have it in their showroom. Small dealers don't have much of a choice. Maybe 1 bike if they are lucky for a T7 or XSR900.

The older XSR and MT09 had great potential. The motor is a hoot with its torque and ability to rev smoothly. It was plagued with the light switch throttle and looks that a mother found tough to love. The 2022 has a draw to me. First it doesn't have the black boxes tacked onto the side of the frame under the tank. The 2022 has a tank shape of the old FZR1000. The rest of the bike looks like a FZR Streetfighter.

Call it what you want but the new bike is a Streetfighter. Ducati owns the name for one of their models but this bike nails the image of what a streetfighter look was and they make a retro version of that FZR turned into one. Does it backup the look with performance? Hell YA!

It's so light and flickable. The brakes are great, the motor is sublime. Truly inspired motor. RAW and manic it transmits a lot of character from that $9,999 price point. I think it looks great but in a price point kind of way. All this bike for under ten grand!!! It is a joy to ride on the tight back roads. So agile and easy to ride. I have had a 701 Supermoto and a Duc Hyper 939 and they are great bikes. This bike punches higher than its price point. It's so much fun to rip a quick ride on. Well its away it seems for the rest of winter. Hopefully spring will come soon!

2022 XSR 900-dscf0059-jpg

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by ducatirdr; 12-12-22 at 08:12 PM.
    Send cash... I need a track day

Re: 2022 XSR 900

From the side without the rear seat, it looks a lot like the Kawi Z1000. Always thought the Z1000 looked amazing, just was heavy and had an incredibly lame 1000cc motor.

From your descriptions, sounds like those 2 pitfalls were taken care of!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

I was going to ask if it wheelied...but you answered that question! Sweet bike!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I sold my XSR anniversary edition back in July and I miss it despite its faults. This new one seems to have addressed them and I think I enjoy the looks of this one better! They had one at the Yamaha day at Sonoma Raceway but sadly it wasn't available for test rides.

sweet, definitely looks better than the older models

looks like a fun bike to ride too; full spirited sport bike feel in a comfortable standard layout. FWIW, I had an FZR600 and thought the tank shape was pretty comfortable. Should be tons of fun in the canyons. Should be low maintenance and easy to live with

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I sold my XSR anniversary edition back in July and I miss it despite its faults. This new one seems to have addressed them and I think I enjoy the looks of this one better! They had one at the Yamaha day at Sonoma Raceway but sadly it wasn't available for test rides.
    That speedblock XSR version was a great looking bike. I hear they may come out with an XSR-GP version with that color scheme.

RE: FZR600 tank... The tank looks rather wide but the distance between your knees makes the bike feel like a single. It's deceptive how narrow feeling the bike is due to those cut-outs.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day