Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"

Re: New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    Haven't had a bike for two seasons, and until now have always owned 1K+ cc bikes. Decided to go small or go home so I picked this up. Have only put about 100 miles on it so far but it's definitely going to be a fun little backroads toy.

Attachment 56943
    that is one bike that is on my want list...do any highway on it?...i like small cc bikes for fun but i want one big enough to occasionally do highway

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    that is one bike that is on my want list...do any highway on it?...i like small cc bikes for fun but i want one big enough to occasionally do highway
    Put about 50 miles on it on 495 bringing it home and was surprised that it cruised fine at around 75MPH. Accelerating from 65 to 80 to pass cars was quick for a single. Wasn't struggling at all, was comfortable, and didn't vibrate or buzz anywhere near what I had assumed. If you ever find yourself up in the Portsmouth area and want to swap bikes for ride ping me.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Sweet bike

But that green bmw…
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
    Ha! Yeah, that was a July 2021 addition. It's stupid fun.
    Yep, insanely stupid fun.

Inherited this 2008 bonneville from my uncles estate.

I don't think I ever posted about it, but back in 2013 my aunt wanted to get my uncle a bike for his 70th birthday. I figured a Bonne would suit him well, being relatively modern but with the classic look. Not too much bike either. I found the bike down in New Haven and after some convincing, the owners finally caved in and said they would accept a money order from my aunt, delivered by me. Sounds like one of those Craigslist scams, I swear we were legit. Drove back and fourth down there a few times. Then finally dragged it up to Groton. Parked it on the garage as a surprise birthday gift for my uncle.

At 70 years old he started riding again after a 35 year hiatus. He re took the msf course and went a little crazy buying gear and accessories. He rode the bike up until last year. Put 20k miles on it between 2013 and 2021. Not bad for ages 70-78. He passed in February and the bike was given to me. Told my aunt I'd keep I wouldn't sell it or get rid of it. Definitely needs a new tank of fuel but it started up today after some convincing. They had a dirt driveway so it's a bit of a mess but should be a fun little bike to put some bolt on parts on, get cleaned up and fart around on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-img_20220424_202225-jpg  

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 01xj; 04-24-22 at 07:39 PM.

New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-0821211220-jpg

Bought the Duke last August.

Therefore the SV is FS if anyone is looking.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Inherited this 2008 bonneville from my uncles estate.

I don't think I ever posted about it, but back in 2013 my aunt wanted to get my uncle a bike for his 70th birthday. I figured a Bonne would suit him well, being relatively modern but with the classic look. Not too much bike either. I found the bike down in New Haven and after some convincing, the owners finally caved in and said they would accept a money order from my aunt, delivered by me. Sounds like one of those Craigslist scams, I swear we were legit. Drove back and fourth down there a few times. Then finally dragged it up to Groton. Parked it on the garage as a surprise birthday gift for my uncle.

At 70 years old he started riding again after a 35 year hiatus. He re took the msf course and went a little crazy buying gear and accessories. He rode the bike up until last year. Put 20k miles on it between 2013 and 2021. Not bad for ages 70-78. He passed in February and the bike was given to me. Told my aunt I'd keep I wouldn't sell it or get rid of it. Definitely needs a new tank of fuel but it started up today after some convincing. They had a dirt driveway so it's a bit of a mess but should be a fun little bike to put some bolt on parts on, get cleaned up and fart around on.
    I wish I bought the T120 rather than the Scrambler.

Your park avenue leads to..

Lifer

New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-a96cbeea-4362-49ee-9432-4cf82ed061b5New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-3fe7b682-1f22-41f7-bc7b-0818a80fb4ecNew for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-a47e55bc-fc47-4898-8bd7-5de4200e37f5

Two new additions, with another potential addition to be picked up Monday… if the seller doesn’t change his mind or I don’t bail… I need a financial advisor!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Your park avenue leads to..

Did some work on the Triumph the last few weeks. Nothing crazy. Lots of cleaning. My uncle was a "I'd rather ride it than clean it" guy. I'm all for that, but it was truly filthy. Mud and dirt caked into the engine and oil cooler. Spent a solid two days rolling around hand cleaning it. He had a ton of electrical junk installed that I really didn't want. Fog lights, HID headlight with a ballast, a gigantic windscreen etc. I am glad to see he at least ran everything with relays, so at least it was done right, but I didn't want any of it on there. I replaced some dry rotted fuel lines, added an inline fuel filter, changed the oil and filter, polished the exhaust, and cleaned and lubed the badly neglected chain. Today I got everything put back together and rode it for about an hour. Runs great. Not as fast as the ducati Gotta address a small valve cover gasket leak and I'm going to order an air injection removal kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-img_20220511_150415-jpg   New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-img_0425_20220125_141759-jpg   New for '22 (or new to you) "containment thread"-img_0422_20220125_141829-jpg  

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!