Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

2nd Gen SV rearset position

2nd Gen SV rearset position

I have a track only 2007 SV with Woodcraft rearsets. I don't have any problems with the rearsets themselves, but despite being only 5'10" I feel like my feet are too far forward and I'm having a hard time getting my knee out. I can put weight over the front wheel, but have a hard time keeping my ass against the back of the seat and when I do scoot back my feet feel like they're under my elbows. On my 1098 (street) with OEM rearsets this isn't a problem at all and I feel like there's plenty of room to move around and off comfortably.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 2nd Gen SV rearset position

I feel that way with the stock rear sets on my 09 zx6r. Annoys the crap out of me so I know exactly what your talking about. As for the sv though I can't help you sorry bud. Supposedly though woodcraft makes 2 different rear sets for the sv. One is street oriented one race oriented. Collis just found this out because he had one of each lol. Anyways the difference is the bracket locating the foot peg either close to stock or furtherup and back. If you have the lower ones it may just be as simple as getting a new pair of racing brackets...

Last edited by DaveZX6r; 07-16-13 at 04:57 PM.
    "You don’t need to tell me the horror story about your uncle’s buddy who wiped out his chopper while drag racing at some hooligan rally. That just makes me wish I were talking to your uncle’s buddy instead of you. He sounds pretty cool."

Originally Posted by JalopySiR
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!! This time I was laughing at you. Sorry.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

It's possible that the issue with you not getting your knee down is because you don't turn your heel of your inside foot inward toward the swingarm and not with the rearsets at all.

Look at it this way, if you squat with your feet pointing straight forward, your knees point forward when you squat. When you turn your heels inward and squat, your knees point outward.

You also may be riding crossed up and not having your spine inline with your bike. You should always start leading a corner with your head, then upper body, dropping your inside shoulder. This also forces your knee outward.

If you ride crossed up, you lead with your butt and your inside leg tends to fold up under the front of the bike.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

By the way I am 5'11" and have short legs for my height at a 32" inseam. I do use the high mount Woodcraft rearsets.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Jackie and Tori are not tall and they drag knees and hard parts on sv's. Maybe a body position riding style issue more than an equipment problem? Idk

I've been tailed by control riders and they've said my BP was fine. I'm sure there is plenty of room for improvement but so far the instructors have had minimal criticism there.

My SV is a 2nd gen and *I think* Woodcraft only makes one set of rearsets for those.

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    My SV is a 2nd gen and *I think* Woodcraft only makes one set of rearsets for those.
    This is correct. The two different sets are for the first gen. I have not ridden an SV with our rearsets on track before, so I will let those who have help you out. But yes you are correct in that fact.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.