Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3 killed in M/c Crash in NH

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

VW says "stereotyping is stupid".. unfortunatly ALOT of people fit into that stereotype which is where the stereotype came from to begin with. most HD riders dont wear helmets unless they have to and when they do its a scully cap (usually chrome or black with lots of gay stickers and at least one says DILLIGAFF) 2 riders that died were wearing helmets.. what kind? who knows. stereotyping tells us.. scully cap. i also agree with proper distance in group riding. they always seem to be riding as close as we would be while sitting at a light. side by side (or damn close) and about 3 ft from back tire to front tire.

bottom line.. stay safe. eyes in back of head..etc..etc and RIP because regardless.... they were still bikers just like us

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I heard that it was raining/wet roads, he caught the corner wide, ran on the double yellow, front tire slipped across it.

doesn't matter WHAT they were riding OR WHAT they were wearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE gets hit head on with a car/truck---you're fuckin dead, NO ifs ands or buts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for riding two wide---it's perfectly legal + if a car coming in the opposite direction suddenly vears into you, you DO NOT have time to move over so 2-wide is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP brothers

Originally posted by hardcore
    As for riding two wide---it's perfectly legal + if a car coming in the opposite direction suddenly vears into you, you DO NOT have time to move over so 2-wide is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP brothers
    Easy there, cupcake. The bike crossed the line and hit the SUV, not the other way around. It flipped when she tried to avoid him, then rolled into oncoming traffic and most unfortunately over the other bikes...

I can't believe what this thread has become...

If you weren't there, then don't speculate, I say.

Could have been anybody's fault. These guy's may have decent folk, or maybe they were complete assholes? Maybe a third party was involved? Unless I was there, I just don't believe all that is said and reported, that's all.

Maybe the cager was drunk, maybe the bikers had a couple or were riding above their ability. And what of the cager. If wasn't his/her fault, they have to live with this for the rest of THEIR lives.
    Its a trajedy, yes, but I don't see how anyone can make some of the comments I see here.

Not throwing stones at anyone here, mind you...guess I am not a very emotional person when it comes to things like this.

Shit happens.

I still love the smell of burnt racing fuel in the morning!

RIP brothers
    Just because you ride, doesn't make you my friend.

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Easy there, cupcake. The bike crossed the line and hit the SUV, not the other way around. It flipped when she tried to avoid him, then rolled into oncoming traffic and most unfortunately over the other bikes...

I can't believe what this thread has become...
    yes, I was referring to when the suv rolled into oncoming traffic---doesn't matter at that point wether it's 1 wide, 2 wide, or 10 wide, there's no time to react!!!!!!!!!!

as for ANYONE that can flip a car "accidentally"---shit, they should lose their license PERMANENTALLY and have their hands cut off + stuffed up their ass

[i]Originally posted by Stoneman [
    I can't believe what this thread has become... [/B]

Build a bridge

Just because you ride, doesn't make you my friend.

May not be your/our friends, but they are 'kindred spirits"... We all share a passion for this "un-caged", two wheeled sport...

Whether they were Harley riders, Sport riders, or Cruisers, 3 people lost their lives doing something they likely loved. And now, at least 3 families will be changed forever...

Another reason to be vigilant out there...

RIP

I know one of the riders involved, but not injured. Scary shit seeing people drift across the centerline.

EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) -- A trip to New Hampshire with his best friend since childhood has left an Easthampton man in mourning.
    Dean Stoddard was riding behind his friend Christopher Fontaine of Chicopee as the pair headed to the annual Bike Week festivities in Laconia.
    But when one motorcyclist swerved into oncoming traffic, a Jeep flipped through their group. The accident killed three, including the 39-year-old Fontaine.
    Stoddard said his Harley hit the back of the Jeep, but he was uninjured. When he went to check Fontaine, he couldn't find a pulse.
    Stoddard said he was lucky to survive, but added (quote) "How lucky can I be? I just lost my friend."
    (Last updated on 06/10/06)

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Seriously, it doesn't matter what they were riding. It just really sucks.

Imagine if it were to happen to someone on this board ????

C'mon guys, life is too short and things like this remind us of that. Please, everybody take care of yourselves and watch out for your buddies too.

LRRS#167

another local publishing:

Motorcycle rider lucky to be alive
    Sunday, June 11, 2006
    Associated Press

STODDARD, N.H. - Best friends since childhood, Dean Stoddard and Christopher Fontaine worked together and played together.

Last year, they bought new Harleys together, and on Friday, they rode together to New Hampshire for the start of the annual Motorcycle Week festivities in Laconia. But a sweeping curve separated them for good.

Fontaine, 39, of Chicopee, Mass., was one of three men killed when one motorcycle's swerve into oncoming traffic triggered a crash that also injured five people.

Stoddard said he and Fontaine stopped at a gas station in Stoddard on Friday morning, and met a group of five motorcyclists from Connecticut. They all decided to head east to Laconia together. Fontaine and Stoddard were at the back of the pack when one of the Connecticut motorcyclists collided with a Jeep traveling west.

The vehicle lost control and rolled over into the eastbound lane, according to state police, colliding with three other motorcycles.

Stoddard remembers seeing the Jeep coming downhill toward him, "just flipping and flipping."

"All I saw was that Jeep just turning," Stoddard, 41, of Easthampton, Mass., told The Keene Sentinel. "We didn't know where to go."

Stoddard's Harley hit the back of the Jeep, he said. But he managed to get off his bike, uninjured and fully alert. He ran to his friend, but couldn't find a pulse.

"I guess I feel lucky," Stoddard said. "How lucky can I be? I just lost my friend."

Also killed were Steven Leamy, 38, of East Windsor, Conn., and Larry McFetridge, 54, of Bristol, Conn.

Donald Greene, 43, of East Hartford, Conn., was flown to Dartmouth-Hitchock Medical Center, where he was in critical condition. Kurt Neligon, 46, of Granby, Conn., suffered a leg injury. Dean Stoddard, 41, of Easthampton, Mass.; was involved in the crash but wasn't hurt. A seventh motorcyclist was not involved in the crash.

The driver of the Jeep, Deborah Huston, 51, of Bowdoinham, Maine, was treated at the hospital and released, as were two of her passengers.

Stoddard said he checked on the other motorcyclists lying near the Jeep. He couldn't find a pulse on two of them, he said.

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

The more I read this thread, the worse I feel....this accident really sucks. I feel so sorry for their families and friends.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

RIP

Rest in peace, be with God.

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

R.I.P riders...

I am headed to Laconia tomorrow, all this craziness has reminded me to take it easy and be on the lookout for cagers even more so...

Kevin
    '05 Warrior
    Quincy, MA
    AIM: BostonianR6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12