Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

869 miles

869 miles

I had a blast today, scouted out a bunch of roads I never been on before, and went back to some that I have been on before

the day started at 3am, beldude arived at my house on his SV and we headed out

about 60 miles into the trip, beldude's SV650 became a SV325 he turned back, and I went on solo

400 miles exactly when I got to Cazinovia, made 3 runs on rt 13 then on the way back, I hit Illion, made 6 rips thru the gorge, had to choose my lines carefully (tar snakes) but had the gorge all to myself, just as I finished my last run, I saw a group of 6 local squids starting a run

the best part of the day was Route 10 from Ephratah to Piseco Lake (about 45 miles) didn't see more than a half a dozen cars

back home @ 11pm 869 miles on the clock for the day (less than 100 highway) longest day I have ever done on my V-strom, and also first long day since being treated for lyme

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: 869 miles

haha, awesome. nicely done and congrats .

i was just up around/in cazenovia last weekend on a traditional annual road trip w/ my father. we were in his car, but there certainly are some nice roads up around that area...

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

Did you hide out in a trailer park somewhere?

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

Any pics Randy?

Bruce
    2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary
    2003 Honda RC51

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    I had a blast today, scouted out a bunch of roads I never been on before, and went back to some that I have been on before

the day started at 3am, beldude arived at my house on his SV and we headed out

about 60 miles into the trip, beldude's SV650 became a SV325 he turned back, and I went on solo

400 miles exactly when I got to Cazinovia, made 3 runs on rt 13 then on the way back, I hit Illion, made 6 rips thru the gorge, had to choose my lines carefully (tar snakes) but had the gorge all to myself, just as I finished my last run, I saw a group of 6 local squids starting a run

the best part of the day was Route 10 from Ephratah to Piseco Lake (about 45 miles) didn't see more than a half a dozen cars

back home @ 11pm 869 miles on the clock for the day (less than 100 highway) longest day I have ever done on my V-strom, and also first long day since being treated for lyme
    I had to go to a wedding in Cazinovia, and we went through Citenganga (sp) on the way. I couldn't beleive that place is that were you were.
    ? Is Rt 13 the road I wish I had the bike that goes over the falls?
    Aren't you supposed to keep those roads secret?

to RandyO

Quote Originally Posted by ultraTwist View Post
    I had to go to a wedding in Cazinovia, and we went through Citenganga (sp) on the way. I couldn't beleive that place is that were you were.
    ? Is Rt 13 the road I wish I had the bike that goes over the falls?
    Aren't you supposed to keep those roads secret?

Rt 13 is ok, but there is quite a bit of traffic, several driveways & side roads, I prefer Ilion gorge (Rt 51), twisites are tighter, almost non existent traffic, only a couple driveways

why keep the roads secret, who else is going ride 400 miles one way to make a few passes

the roads I am keeping secret are much closer, I was planning on including T*** Raod & E***P*** road in the trip, but found some better roads in the same area

working on pics

RandyO
    IBA#9560

while i was there, we drove down B*** R**** Rd... pavement's become a little more broken up each year (we've made annual hajj's through that area for the past 6 years, lol), and i probably would be sketchy about taking a bike on it unless one was intimately familiar with it, but it's damned fun in a GT car.

saw 3-4 logging trucks oncoming (a little disconcerting to be passing at speed), and a pair of motorcycles (i've forgotten which kinds, but i think it was a motahhhhd and a light-tourer... VFR maybe?)

...adventure timeadventure time...adventure time...adventure time
    hurray, strikethrough!

Someday I'd like to go on a RandyO-led ride. I have a feeling you know all the good ones...

Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
    Someday I'd like to go on a RandyO-led ride. I have a feeling you know all the good ones...
    if your serious, I will pm you the next time I go for a ride, warning though, most of my rides have ambitious milage goals, I don't stop often, and ride gravel roads often (only about 30-40 miles of yestedays ride was gravel)

I spent around $100 on gas yesterday

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    Did you hide out in a trailer park somewhere?

the way I'm feeling, I might come ride your way just for a rip or 2 on one of your local twisites, it's only 1250 or so one way

RandyO
    IBA#9560

the way I'm feeling, I might come ride your way just for a rip or 2 on one of your local twisites, it's only 1250 or so one way
    You got a free place to stay, hot grub, hot showers and a fully equipped garage.

Git yer ass down here!

Now that it is after Labor Day, the local LEO presence at the twisties will start toning down a bit in the next month or so. I have been avoiding the common ones cause of my clean record and my enthusiasm on these roads.

Lemme know in advance so I can schedule a day or two off from work and we can go down to Helen and Suches.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

if your serious, I will pm you the next time I go for a ride, warning though, most of my rides have ambitious milage goals, I don't stop often, and ride gravel roads often (only about 30-40 miles of yestedays ride was gravel)

I spent around $100 on gas yesterday
    That's what I figured. I wouldn't attempt one until I had a few more LD rides under my belt.

Rt 13 is ok, but there is quite a bit of traffic, several driveways & side roads, I prefer Ilion gorge (Rt 51), twisites are tighter, almost non existent traffic, only a couple driveways

why keep the roads secret, who else is going ride 400 miles one way to make a few passes

the roads I am keeping secret are much closer, I was planning on including T*** Raod & E***P*** road in the trip, but found some better roads in the same area

working on pics
    Just looked on the map. I was on 13, we had it to ourselves Sat evening and Sunday morning, except for a few fisherman pulled over.