Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I fought the law and I WON!!!

Yup that's right. Back about 2 months ago I got jacked up doing 50 in a 30. The cop wrote me up for 40 in a 30 "said he was givign me a break" whatever said I'd let the man decide.

I sent in my ticket and got a magistrate hearing and went in front of them. I went to the NH DMV and got my driving record which believe it or not only has a misuse of plates violation on it.

I was the last one they called and judging by the reaction from every single person that came out the magistrate was in a good mood. Anyways. I plead my case of stupidity and yata yata the cop noticed that I lived in NH and siad "They are tough up there huh?". So I noted how that them being tough and my clean record perhaps they would consider a warning. He asked me what I did for work and the usual bullshit. Then gave me a warning. Saying to slow down.

I WON..............yipee. Go to court people fight it. Fight it and WIN.

KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Cool mang. I appealed a $25 parking ticket and just got a letter stating it was thrown out.

I got nabbed for 61 in a 45 in the cage last week in NY. Sent it in as not guilty but i'll prob just pay an attorney to get it reduced to a fine. Easier than dealing with points on the license for the next 3 years. Not really fighting the law, but it works!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like getting out of a ticket is a big deal. Sorry if I put down your excitement, and maybe I have some connection in my town that I don't know about, but I have gotten out of about 6 tickets. Unfortunately I have about 9 or 10, and maybe even more were erased, because my liscense hasn't been taken away. I realize now that I didn't pay attention to whether it was a local cop or a statey. If it was a statey, than I take it back, that was a good accomplishment. I have never had a statey give me a ticket.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

If you have a ticket erased or reduced to a fine, there are no points against you and your record of it is gone, right?

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Fight it baby!

Good job on getting the ticket reduced down............

Your wallet just thanked you.
    -Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Kewl news KB ! Congrats.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Originally posted by Big SIssy
    If you have a ticket erased or reduced to a fine, there are no points against you and your record of it is gone, right?
    They basically become a really expensive parking ticket or some other non-moving violation. If tickets are just disappearing for you with no action you prob just forgot to goto court and they are commin for your ass!

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Haha, no, I have gone to court almost everytime. Once or twice, someone I can't speak of paid it without my consent. I go in to the Clerks Office or the Chief's office at the court, you sit and wait for them to call you, and I go in, they read the report, and I sometimes explain it, and sometimes, they just say I am all set and let me go. It is amazing how I just get off of these. I have these huge things prepared sometimes to defend myself, and they just let me go. It is the best feeling by the way, walking out of the courthouse free. But then it sucks a few weeks later when you get another ticket and have to do the cycle all over again.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe

Originally posted by Big SIssy
    Maybe it is just me, but it seems like getting out of a ticket is a big deal. Sorry if I put down your excitement, and maybe I have some connection in my town that I don't know about, but I have gotten out of about 6 tickets. Unfortunately I have about 9 or 10, and maybe even more were erased, because my liscense hasn't been taken away. I realize now that I didn't pay attention to whether it was a local cop or a statey. If it was a statey, than I take it back, that was a good accomplishment. I have never had a statey give me a ticket.

Can someone translate this?

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

I've never gotten out of a ticket unless I had someone pull stings for me. And even then it was tough.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Yeah, I just read the last part of what I said and it was confusing too. I said I have never gotten a ticket from a statey. I also said that I wasn't sure if he mentioned whether it was a statey or local cop because it is much tougher to get out of a ticket from a statey.

My eyes low,
    Hydro,
    Leakin' out that Tahoe