Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hotel's Burlington Vt?

Hotel's Burlington Vt?

I'm riding up to Burlington this weekend 8/16-17 with a couple of friends. Can anybody recommend a fair priced but clean motel. And a couple of good places to eat as well. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

Re: Hotel's Burlington Vt?

The Sheraton, Hilton, and Hotel VT would be your best bets. The Sheraton is about 2 miles from downtown and would be the cheapest. The other two are pricier but much better. I'd stay away from the anchorage inn, ho-hum, northstar, and holiday inns.

As far as eating, what's your fancy? Downtown BTV has lots of great choices, and probably one of the best beer selections you'll find anywhere in the US.

Good luck Pete. We were up there Saturday night and it was busy. Lotsa people traveling on two wheels and four. You may be SOL inside Burlington only being a week out. Try using one of the major travel sites like travelocity or kayak. Find what their rates are then call the hotel "I found a room at XX rate on travelocity but I would rather book through the hotel directly, can you match their price?"

That's what I would do.

I've stayed in the Marriott Courtyard in Williston a couple of times. Its 7mi from downtown Burlington, reasonably priced, and clean.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ton-williston/

There won't be much trouble finding a decent bite in Burlington, but here are a few.

Sotto Enoteca
    El Cortijo
    Bove's

Last edited by audiojeff; 08-10-14 at 08:51 PM.

Everytime ive been to burlington i had a hard time finding a room. Not sure if its always like that but i was surprised you'd have to book ahead of time. The last time i ended up finding a room at a nice B&B a few exits south it was cheap and the people who ran it made an incredible breakfast. Better than any chain hotel ive stayed at.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I recommend staying at The Gables Inn in Stowe (45 minutes from Burlington). The owner, Randy, is a NESRian and rides a Moto Guzzi Griso. He's also a super nice guy and makes an amazing breakfast.

As for food, you've got lots of great choices. In recent years, the foodie scene has exploded in the Burlington area. Farmhouse Tap & Grill is great for dinner (though a bit pricey); San Sai is the best Japanese food I've ever had; Pho Hong has the best pho I've ever had; American Flatbread has great flatbread-style pizza. And across the river in Winooski you've got Misery Loves Company, which has amazing sandwiches for lunch and lots of delicious choices for dinner; the Mule Bar, which has a great beer selection and outstanding burgers and other food; and of course Donny's Pizza if you have a hankering for true NYC-style pizza (that's also where we have Burlington Bike Night on Tuesday evenings).

If you're around on a Friday night, check out all the food trucks parked behind Arts Riot on Pine Street.

And if you're out riding and need a good spot to stop for lunch, excellent choices include Cajun's Snack Bar in Lowell, VT; Burger Barn in Jeffersonville, VT; the Rochester Cafe in Rochester, VT; Clare & Carl's in Plattsburgh, NY; and the ADK Cafe in Keene, NY.

--mark

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021