Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Adam Bell (Unionjackass). RIP

Re: Adam Bell (Unionjackass). RIP

Adam died 12 years ago this past Monday.

I just wanted to pay my respects again. I think about Adam every year on the anniversary of his death. I also think about his wife Anne. I hope she is well.

I shared a cube with Adam at Reva Systems, the RFID startup that failed in 2008. Adam was a tech writer at Reva. I used to be a tech writer myself, so we shared our war stories with each other. He was so funny. Hilarious really. Just seeing him scowl in the office made me smile. He played up the ornery part of his personality to great effect. It was like working with W.C. Fields. It made the boring, staid aspects of our office work so much easier to endure.

I was invited by Adam to come to a kitchenware party at his house in Wayland on the weekend that he had the motorcycle accident. He wanted me to meet his wife, since she was also adopted. I stayed late at the party and was there when Anne got the call (Adam went on that fateful last ride while Anne hosted her party). It was a shock, but it didn't seem possible in that moment that Anne's life would be forever turned upside down.

On Sunday there was an operation on Adam. On Monday a number of us from the office drove to the hospital in RI where Adam was in intensive care. We were there when the hospital staff told Anne that Adam was brain dead. The decision was made to pull life support. We were invited to see Adam, now dead, in his hospital room.

Seeing Adam lying there, as if in a dream, is an image that stays with me now for the rest of my life.

Time goes by but the memories don't fade. The shock of a life cut so brutally short never lose its edge. I feel sorry for the elderly woman and her family, too. It's a tragic footnote to her life.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cpederse View Post
    Adam died 12 years ago this past Monday.
    Thank you for your contribution.

Adam is still missed by many! He was a Super guy, with an amazing personality!

I still remember the Huge turn out for his memorial with our parade of motorcycles from all over New England. The showing was overwhelming of how many people he was so highly thought of just from our motorcycle community!

My signature still carries the RIP A.B. as I still miss that bloke dearly! It was a privilege to have known Adam, just unfortunate it was only a short time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Yeah, he was a bloke in the best way :-) Absolutely no pretensions. Ready to take the piss out of anything and anyone! That's how I fondly remember him :-) He lives on...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

NESR is awesome. Never met Adam, but from what all you say about him, I know I woulda liked him. I'll raise a glass tonight while at the Pats game, in honor of Adam and in honor of my friends Ive met on NESR.

ok, 2 glasses

I remember talking with him a few times at MotoMarket. He was quite a personality.

The memorial night at Motomarket for him was quite the tribute.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

I haven't been to this forum in a while and when I was searching the threads I came across the thread about Adam Bell..........He met his mate shortly after he participated on a ride I organized. Couldn't hold it back.

I still have a picture of him pinned in my garage. Was a super person!!

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Here's a picture of Adam at the start of the ride I organized at Moto Market in Acton. The picture wasn't date stamped so...........

Adam Bell (Unionjackass). RIP-mm_craig_nikon_adam-jpg

From left to right it's Craig, Nikon and Adam

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456