Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

need some advice?

need some advice?

told ya about the aprilia, heres my deal, have a 02 998, was planning on trading her in for a new 04 aprilia rsvr factory...the deal is not too bad...just alittle scared about aprilia and the service problems that could come up only one dealer close to me and not sure how long they will be around...so went and looked at a 749r yesterday! love the bike and they gave a smoking deal on the bike out the door...it has everything i wish i had on my 998 except im scared to pull the trigger only because im not sure how it will be power wise to my 998....i know it will handle alot better, but what about the power....they also had a 03 and 04 999s in stock also for great prices.....dont know what to do? wondering if anyone on this board went from a 998 to a 749 or have a 749r....impressions of the 749r...power....etc...thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP------BITCH

I Dance With Will

need some advice?

power? you mean like if can power wheelie in any gear? what are you worry about? eveyone on here are talking about going back to 250.

just saying sup man?

"fuckit!"

need some advice?

thanks Kham..... whats going on....wanna let me use your bike for the day, who knows i might just buy one, its got plenty of power.lol

What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP------BITCH

I Dance With Will

need some advice?

sure.. but it's not sexy like Italian made.

"fuckit!"

need some advice?

the 749R is a beautiful machine. I would not go with any leftover 999 because I prefer the 05 upgrades to the749/999 like the black wheels, red frame/ black rear subframe and 999R inspired swingarm, as well as the lack of the ugly side vents on the front fairing and those gross looking fins that looked as though they were holding the side panels in place. The only drawback I see with the 749R is that it does not share the same carbon fiber body panels as the 999R.

Also, I assume that you were at Naults looking because I remember them telling me about the same leftover models and I believe that the leftover models that they had were biposto and I strongly prefer the mono look on the 999/749.

According to their website, the new 749R has 121 hp, which I believe is right around the power output of your current Duc, so you really wouldn't be missing any power.

Looking between the Aprilia Mille, 749R, and leftover 999, I say go for the 749R. Its dead-sexy, has plenty of power, and is a rare and sought-after Duc that would make me quite jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

need some advice?

Also, see if the dealer will let you test ride the 749R. I test rode my S4R before I bought it, though that was under the previous management @ Naults. Its worth a shot. If you're serious about the purchase, I don't see why they wouldn't allow you to take it out to get a feel for it.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

need some advice?

Get the 999.....there is NO replacement for Displacement !! I gots a 998 testastretta engine,same as the 999,,,, yummy I use BCM for my service, they're a really good dealer !!!!! Theres a Bayliss still there, that they will probably deal on.
    my opinion, Buy the Bayliss, f the 999..........full Ohlins, Lots of carbon fibre, and it looks really fast !!!!!!!!!!!!!