Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Need some Advice

Need some Advice

On my 2007 R6 the previous owner put a hot bodies undertail on it, It looks nice but has some shortcomings. 1) the LED's for directionals dont light up worth shit 2) the license plate is mounted so low that it is biting into the rear tire guard.
    Does anyone know where I can find an undertail of similar sorts, I will post pictures of it tomorrow for better comparasion but I am looking for something similiar (aka the clean nothing jumping out that is but ugly look)
    Any help would be great,
    Thanks
    -OC

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Need some Advice

hope someone can't point you to a solution you like that includes turn signals you can actually see. those stealth leds may be cute but IMHO they're dangerous...!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-ST7377/2.10.502.4 (93577) Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

paging duncanmoto...

for your own safety think of whether the car/truck/bus/etc can see you braking or turning from more then 1ft away...

And regarding your license plate? That could cause hazardous glare behind you, best to hide it from other cars....and cops.

Last edited by WordTooYoMamma; 10-16-10 at 06:30 PM.

My bike come with one of those integrated taillights. I always use them with hand signals.

This is the reason that I need a new one because the LED's on this one are already difficult to see as it is. I was just asking if anyone has had any expierence with different products and could recommend something that i could get started with. I already asked ted if he knew of anything that could work and we couldnt find anything through a quick browse of the catalog so i figured i would ask on here.

As for the license plate, momma why dont i just take off completely to prevent any "dangerous" glare.

Are you a member of the R6 forum? If not, why not try there whereas they have numerous active members with same bike and might know of an alternative to your hotbodies issue.

Here is the link. Good luck.

http://www.r6-forum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OC_R6 View Post
    On my 2007 R6 the previous owner put a hot bodies undertail on it, It looks nice but has some shortcomings. 1) the LED's for directionals dont light up worth shit 2) the license plate is mounted so low that it is biting into the rear tire guard.
    Does anyone know where I can find an undertail of similar sorts, I will post pictures of it tomorrow for better comparasion but I am looking for something similiar (aka the clean nothing jumping out that is but ugly look)
    Any help would be great,
    Thanks
    -OC
    I had the same undertail on my R6. Never had any problems with cars not seeing the signals. My first license plate mount job got sucked into the tire when I was doubling my wife, but I then mounted the plate further back and at more of an angle and it worked fine. Also, maybe your suspension needs a better setup, because if the rear is too soft or sagging too much that can be the problem. As for options... there aren't any that will look as good as the Hotbodies, but the integrated taillight would be my 2nd choice.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Meh maybe I can retrofit some bright led's into that undertail then... I have seen the integrated tails one... it looks good except probably difficult to see them and also not to mention inspection issues.

Dr Q : Last resort Medic Qfactor's Avatar

while we were @ Duncan, I spotted a universal plate/blinker bracket on the wall.

keeping your current setup, while adding another pair of "conventionally" mounted blinkers and plate might be the ticket to fixing this issue until you find a sexier solution.

Also,

your front blinkers suck and are useless from what I could tell from my point of view.

Q

"Ami blaireau, comme t'es nul au cronos..."

"If your mom's got a schlong, run away, she's not your mom...."

Yea Q I already ordered new front directionals from duncan once the come back into stock. And I think I am going to try and retro fit some brighter LED's to my directions and see if that works. Either that or try to set something up on the passenger footpegs as I saw that once before..