Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Need advices on insurance....

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Ok so I just called the insurance company. They told me it will cost $1122/year to insure my husband's 2005 ZX-10. It will cost me $686/year to insure my 2003 EX250. Those prices include liability 20/40, property damage for $100 000 and collision/comprehensive with a $500 deductible if we're at fault.

Now, my question to you guys is...my 250 is probably worth under $2000 as of today, right? If I don't take collision/comprehensive coverage, my insurance for the year goes down to ONLY $184.00!!! I can definitly afford to insure my bike starting this month for only $15/month. Who would steal a 250?? I mean, chances are slim that anyone would target MY bike and steal it, right? Chance to get on fire are also slim...the bikes are stored in the garage. AND....if I get into an accident and I'm the one at fault, I have a $500 deductible anyway which is almost the price of full coverage for the year...and my bike is worth under $2000....but if I'm not at fault, will the person's insurance at fault will pay for the damage to my bike even tho I don't have full coverage? (that is, *if* the person at fault stop and I can get his infos....a lot of them just keep going and you never find them)

What would you do? Take full coverage anyway, or only liability and property damage?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

If your bike is paid for outright, and you have no obligation to put comprehensive on it, I would not. You are right, if you are not at fault the other party's insurance will cover your damages (assuming that you get all their information).

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Both bikes are fully paid off. Man God's bike is surely worth having full coverage tho, it's brand new (well, almost) and is worth much more than my lil' weed wacker.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."