Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AGV Corsa SoleLuna

AGV Corsa SoleLuna

My friend called me this morning wanting to go buy some gear because he is starting to ride this year and needed some help picking out some good and safe things. I took him to Seacoast. I would like to thank Pat for helping him get sized up from helmet, gloves and event jacket !

He picked up a Dainese jacket, CorsAir V and some Dainese full carbon, at the same time they had a buy one get one half off what was in stock and they just happen to have the Corsa SoleLuna there and I had me a go at it

Needless to say I left also with some goodies

I have the GP-Tech as a comparison and I must say, although the GP-Tech is a bit on the loose side for me (large), the Corsa in a ML was BEYOND perfect. I usually ride street in my Suomy Spec 1R, track in my Arai Profile, but man this helmet may just take precedent over all of those duties. I am posting this while wearing it.

The vision is outstanding so I can imagine coming out of the bowl at Loudon and looking at the next apex to be a breeze, something the GP-Tech/Suomy gave me a load of problems with. The lower back portion of the helmet is raised up, I found this to be for when you are tucked, looking up through the wind screen, that the back of the helmet dont hit the upper portion of your hump, also something I have noticed over my stint of track riding. Did I mention this thing is ridiculously LIGHT?! Can sway my head side to side and dont even feel the extra weight on it, can see less bobbles in the wind at speeds.

Overall I have yet to ride this on the street but from the initial impression I cannot wait. If you are in the market for one I would highly suggest it! Also make sure you try on a size that will fit perfectly, they have 4 shell sizes so one should be in your region!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AGV Corsa SoleLuna-1978868_10100388184721995_84214221_n-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: AGV Corsa SoleLuna

great looking helmet man, i start trackdays this year and i'm torn between this and an rf1200. Great graphic too.

Michel Francois

Re: AGV Corsa SoleLuna

I was seriously considering one of these and was about to pull the trigger when I saw AGV was selling the Simoncelli rep for $499 shipped. I couldn't pass that up so I snagged it for track duty.

I defected from Arai and have been wearing a GP-Tech for a while and love it. No vision or weight issues, but when I compared my GP-Tech to the Corsa, I found the Corsa to best these qualities still. The GP-Tech does like to sit with the chinbar higher up than Arai and that might explain your T6 vision issues.

Either way, nice upgrade!