Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AHHHHHH!!!

AHHHHHH!!!

ok , so today i step out of work and what do I see? my bike got hit.. someone backed into it and nearly ripped off my mirror, scratched the shit out of my windshield,and a few other minor scrapes and whatever else.. does anyone know where i shuld begin looking to find the factory parts for cheaper than what honda is trying to charge..? they want 120 for a mirror is that normal price? sorry bout the dumb questions, but this is my first bike >>im learning as I go.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

AHHHHHH!!!

ronayers.com

AHHHHHH!!!

ebay is the obvious, but ive always had great luck if im willing to be patient.

Tony
    '02 954RR

Things that make you go hmmmm

AHHHHHH!!!

woah ronayers has pretty much everything.. thanks alot man..e- bay is a good source as well im just tooo impatient.. thank to the both of you though.

Resident Bosox Aficionado mikem317's Avatar

AHHHHHH!!!

Bikebandit.com is decent. Never ordered from them though. Ronayers.com is usually a tad cheaper.

That sucks. My month would be ruined. No note, no nothing, eh? Bastard should be castrated for the hit and run.

Regards,
    Mike

Where were you on October 27, 2004? // Got Wallpaper? // Special Discount for Boston Red Sox Fans! // Because even Alex Rodriguez has feelings too...

"Everytime I see a Yankee's hat, I see a swastika just a little off kilter." -- Bill "Spaceman" Lee

AHHHHHH!!!

Find a board that is focused on your bike model.

I have a SV and I also hang out on SVRider.com
    (RandyO is responsible for my presence here It is all his fault!)

The reason I mention this is there is always people that mod their bikes and they are letting the stock parts go for a dime on the dollar if not less!

Some stock parts you will never see, but others like turn signals, clipons, rear sets, mirrors, stock exhausts are dirt cheap and they usually like helping their own and will give them first dibs before putting it on ebay.

I am already collecting commonly broken parts for my SV. When the dealer quoted me 48 bucks for a front brake lever, I woke up and said screw that ... set of front signals for 20 bucks, dealer is close to 50 bucks each!

AHHHHHH!!!

i had the same thing but with a car in a parking lot at work. i found the offending auto after a quick check of the other cars in the lot the next day. the driver fessed up when asked, "i knew i hit your car. i didn't think i did any damage.' IT WAS 1200 DOLLARS to repair! i wouldn't be shocked if someone saw this and is waiting to give you a report, ask around!
    always park in lined parking with your wheel at the space limit. people get so excited when they see a "empty" spot; try to keep it visable to motorists. this is why so many use bicycle parking and sidewalks as mortorcycle parking. as long as you don't ride it onto the sidewalks why not? many companys have motorcycle only parking but when your on the street <arg> it's everyman for themselves.
    sorry to hear of your trouble, need some help with this lemme know. garage , paint an repair till new parts arrive.....i'm in albion btw

AHHHHHH!!!

hey thanks alot man i appreciate the offer. as of right now my major damage is on my windshield and my left mirror arm. so those things unfortunately i have to buy new.. the only other scratch that is visible is on my clutch cover.. It's really small, but it's the principle of it. If it were me and I hit someones bike i would fess up to it.. That's what insurance is for. So karma will get this guy... you said you were from albion huh? we should go for a ride sometime..

AHHHHHH!!!

k, sure.
    i guess you can be glad it wasn't worse; but hit and run sure does suk! as hayden says: no doubt.