Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone going to AHRMA at NJMP next week?

Re: Anyone going to AHRMA at NJMP next week?

The SV is the nearest logical competitor, and the most common bike you would be up against on this machine.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Looking to make a splash in F50L?

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Sorry folks, I don't get on here much but I can tell you all I love the Kramer!! I have an R model. I picked the bike up from upstate NY where it was delivered Thursday, rolled it off the truck, added fuel set tire pressures and that was it, didn't even set sag. With the rough weather I only got one 15 min practice session in Friday and a short <10 min Saturday am practice and took two for two wins including the bump class against SV's. Sunday was 1 win and 1 2nd (bump). According to the telemetry, the Kramer had a higher top speed than all the SV's in the bump race on the straight. Now we all know top speed at NJMP is all about setting up and driving out of 9,10 so its a relative mark. I was chasing some chatter so dug into the suspension a bit on Sunday, really just setting the sag and slowing down the front end a bit. Paul is correct, we put it on the digital scales in the YCRS garage and it weighed in at 276 with a pretty much full tank of fuel. Its a definite cross walk from my TZ power/weight wise (I dont keep my TZ tuned to the edge, keep it nice and fat). Seating position is "in the bike" not "on the bike", which is something I prefer. The weight obviously sits higher on the Kramer but it is balanced really well. But I can ride this bike all day an not feel crippled like I do cramming my old fat ass into the TZ cockpit. With the exception of the heel guards (my only complaint about the bike), all the components are top notch. Its all WP suspension from KTM (Kramer is an offshoot of Marcus Kramer, KTM Engineer). Brakes are really too much, one finger lifts the rear pretty easy, its definitely ass back to the seat stop and then some in the braking zones. For me it was exactly what I was looking for, a P:W ration that came close to my TZ without the high cost and maintenance of the TZ. I'm hoping to make the next round out at Miller/UMC. If I miller falls through I'll bring it to Palmer so Paul can test it out. Nice pic of the bike in Nicks CycleWorld piece last week: Four Racers at AHRMA: Four Guys Racing | Cycle World Thats my short (aka crappy) report

The Older I Get,
    The Faster I Was...

Thanks for the report Bill!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12