Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

I've been doing some looking around for a new exhaust on my Ninja and from the forums and other sites the Akra apparently sounds the best.

Does anyone have this set-up? 04' 636 with the Akra pipe? I'd love to hear it for myself before I throw down the funds.

Any insight in the Akrapovic pipes would be appreciated too, I have never used any of thier products before.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

I heard they are supposed to be the best

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

They are used by Kawasaki racing. I would say that if it's good enough for the pros, it is more than good enough for us mere mortals. Be prepared to spend top $$ as they are some of the more expensive pipes out there.

LRRS#167

Banned

Re: AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

Originally posted by NinjaSwan
    I've been doing some looking around for a new exhaust on my Ninja and from the forums and other sites the Akra apparently sounds the best.

Does anyone have this set-up? 04' 636 with the Akra pipe? I'd love to hear it for myself before I throw down the funds.

Any insight in the Akrapovic pipes would be appreciated too, I have never used any of thier products before.
    I have installed one on an 04 636. It is a bit of a job to install, but it looks absolutely beautiful and it sounds great too. Akra are known as amongst the best in the business.

derek

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

I've got a full Akro on my ZRX. The quality of construction is impeccable! I've got the carbon can and with 15k miles it looks like new. ZRX stock is 112 rhp., with the full akro and Ivans jet kit it makes 130rhp. They are pricey but worth every penny to me. Regards, Jake

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

these replies are making my mouth water. Pretty much what I've been seeing from the other sites. I'm going to start saving up now so I can try to pick it up in the winter and have it installed early next season. (degsy )

Next year will be 2nd season riding. I'm getting more comfortable everyday and I'm ready to hook this bike up! Why not start a new season off with a new screech!!

Expect to see me on that track next year. Might try to help out in the pit sometime soon when I have a weekend free.

Degsy, you said something about having to shave the tail to install the new exhuast. I have a hotbodies undertail kit so I wouldnt have to mess with the tail right?

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

Banned

AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON

No, you don't have to shave the tail, but you have to dismantle it quite a lot to get at the heat shields and powervalve cables and actuator. Akra supplies a special part with the exhaust to fool the computer that the powervalve system is still installed when it is actually gone when you install the akra pipe.

derek