Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Its ALIVE!!!

Its ALIVE!!!

This "cough medicine" guy showed up tonight and applied the magical cure to the destined to be NESR Pit Bike.

TLRman... mad props dude, you saved me so many, many, many hours of frustration and learning the hardway and buying three sets of parts to fix all of my *learning*

TLRman spent 4+ hours helping to ressurect the little old z50 tonight, now maybe i can share it as a pit bike for next year. i know it seems a goofy little toy, but it is so much fun to tool around on.

it runs now, as good as it probably ever has!!! And i learned a lot about setting up a new carb and how to adjust valves. Beauty eh?!!

Turns out there were some gremlins running around the iginition system... some new contacts and condenser, clean solder and a few fixed wires helped there... and then the damn intake valve was sticking... not closing all the way... so some tinkering and readjusting... suddenly there was A LOT MORE compression and she started right up. Tinkered with the new carb a bit an voila!!!
    Ran it for quite a while tonight... all around the neighborhood... neighbors prolly think (thought and have now confirmed) that i am nuts. ... i even caught a little air with it tonight... and those super springs i put in didn't bottom out with my fat ass on there. (i'm not so sure the footpegs can take that kind of abuse though.)
    scraping pegs should be this easy on the real bikes.

THANK YOU MARK!

Hey you left some coffee behind... what? did you forget? must be getting old?

... now i just need to build up the new high compression 75cc motor... then the bigger carb will be worth its weight in gold... and it will probably rip its own little auto clutch to shreds.
    oh well,
    fuck it!!!

oh boy... more *learning*.... Mark... don't go away

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Its ALIVE!!!

Dude!
    No Problem helping out a Brother...
    It's good that we could get that badboy going!
    That carb is big enuff to run a 250, but I guess we could put in huge idle jets to compensate....
    I'm glad you got to learn something too. I hope I was able to explain things well enuff for you to understand as I went along.

So.... when can I borrow the Falco for a weekend????

If there is anything else you need to ask about, don't hesitate to call.

OH! I didn't leave the coffee behind.....It was too cold to drink!

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Its ALIVE!!!

This things is a fucking blast. now i have convinced my coworkers i am nuts too.
    i through it in the back seat this morning and dragged it up to andover. the thing wheelies like crazy... wind out of first, kick second... two coworkers almost dumped it, you should have seen the looks on their faces when these cruiser riders who were in disbelief this thing could even carry them, almost got dumped on their ass.
    bwwwaaaaahahahahahahaha.

and yes, i AM easily amused.

Thanks again Mark!!!!

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR