Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Alpinestars Leathers?

Alpinestars Leathers?

Thinking of picking myself up a set of Alpinestars (TZ-1 Jacket + Track Pants) given my last leathers got wrecked in my basement cos some noob laid em on the floor (they don't like sitting in water for months)...

Any thoughts on how Alpinestars compare to other brands? I'd LOVE to get myself a set of Vansons, but at more than 2x the cost of the Alpinestars I just can't justify it unless Vanson is really 2x nicer than Alpinestars...

Anyone own a set of Alpinestars leathers willing to comment on em?

Cheers,
    Chris

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Alpinestars Leathers?

Also, if anyone cares to mention another brand/maker that produces Vanson quality at less than sell my first child prices, lemme know

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Alpinestars Leathers?

There is a new Co. in NH that is pretty good. I forget the name... motoeuphoirasomething.com The Core6 guys(Teach) knows about em...he said they are very good. I was planning on getting a set of those but got a set of Vanson's for $450 at their open house. You might wanna go and check out their used rack...some great deal to be had there....

Also, check with Karaya One...his Co. was doing some great deals on Dianese...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Alpinestars Leathers?

What size are you? Height, waist and weight?

One piece or two? Color?

Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

Alpinestars Leathers?

I have an Alpinestars TZ-1 2 piece suit. The fit is great and its very comfortable. Ventalation is good without balooning up at speed. I think it cost $720 from Dennis Kirk. I figured it was a good value because I dont have to own a separate jacket. My brother has the same suit and he loves his too.

Alpinestars Leathers?

I am 6'4", 230 lbs

I usually wear a 48 US (which I guess is around 58 Euro?) Jacket, and 38 x 34 pants.

I was looking at the Alpinestars TZ-1 Jacket, with their Track Pants, and from newenough, the total is like $600 shipped for the pair.

Looking for a two peice (but could get a one peice), in blue/black or yellow/black, but in the end I could really care less about the color, quality is ALL I care about. Could be pink and you fockers would laugh your nuts off when you saw me riding, but if if was 50% off and top of the line, I'm all about that!

If there's good deals to be had on Dainese, I'd be interested, but I certainly don't wanna go too much more than $600 for the pair (or maybe $700 for a one peice if its top quality), but I might buy a say, $400 jacket if it was the right jacket and wait a few weeks to buy the pants... Flexible, I'm flexible, but I want to replace quality gear with quality gear.

Cheers,
    Chris

Last edited by hohum; 05-28-04 at 09:28 PM.

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by By-Tor
    I have an Alpinestars TZ-1 2 piece suit. The fit is great and its very comfortable. Ventalation is good without balooning up at speed. I think it cost $720 from Dennis Kirk. I figured it was a good value because I dont have to own a separate jacket. My brother has the same suit and he loves his too.
    How is the quality? Stitch work... How are the linings? I can't tell ya how many linings i end up ripping in leathers...

Cheers,
    Chris

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by Karaya One
    What size are you? Height, waist and weight?

One piece or two? Color?
    Have something in mind, Dave?

Alpinestars stuff, for the most part, is mid-grade. Good deals on Alpinestars stuff can certainly be found on the web. MAW has quite a bit of last year's stuff on clearance right now. If you go with Alpinestars I'd at least want to try it on first. Alpinestars stuff fits pretty snug, so you may have to go up a size compared to what you usually wear.

I'd PM Dave to see if he can hook you up with gear. He seems to have a fair amount of both Dainese and IXS stuff (both of which are superior to Alpinestars IMHO) that he's blowing out, judging by all the stuff he's had on ebay lately...

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by hohum
    you fockers would laugh your nuts off when you saw me riding
    oh, we do anyway.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by 02SuperHawkRdr
    Have something in mind, Dave?

Alpinestars stuff, for the most part, is mid-grade. Good deals on Alpinestars stuff can certainly be found on the web. MAW has quite a bit of last year's stuff on clearance right now. If you go with Alpinestars I'd at least want to try it on first. Alpinestars stuff fits pretty snug, so you may have to go up a size compared to what you usually wear.

I'd PM Dave to see if he can hook you up with gear. He seems to have a fair amount of both Dainese and IXS stuff (both of which are superior to Alpinestars IMHO) that he's blowing out, judging by all the stuff he's had on ebay lately...
    Thanks for the tip

Dave, check your PMs

Cheers,
    Chris

Alpinestars Leathers?

The stitching seems to be of good quality. I have only had my suit for two months or 1500 miles. My brother has had his suit for a year and has had no problems with his liner. He has about 6 thousand miles in his suit. You do have to be careful when slipping your feet into the legs because you can fold the knee pad over. Other than that I could'nt be happier with my purchase. If you can pick up one for $600, then even better.

Alpinestars Leathers?

Chris,

Karaya may well have the PERFECT Dainese suit for you! I saw it when I was shopping for a perforated leather jacket for myself.

I forget the name, but it's their black & yellow one, very cool looking suit. And I know he had one in a 58. The Dainese is regarded as "near Vanson" quality, some think better. Certainly less break-in required.

Good luck!

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by SprintPoser
    Chris,

Karaya may well have the PERFECT Dainese suit for you! I saw it when I was shopping for a perforated leather jacket for myself.

I forget the name, but it's their black & yellow one, very cool looking suit. And I know he had one in a 58. The Dainese is regarded as "near Vanson" quality, some think better. Certainly less break-in required.

Good luck!
    Likely the 'TH1' 2-pc suit. However, I'm not sure he'll fit into an Alpinestars 58...might be more like a 60.

EDIT: 'Tatoo' changed to 'TH1' sorry 'bout that...

Last edited by 02SuperHawkRdr; 05-29-04 at 09:54 AM.
    Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

Alpinestars Leathers?

Originally posted by SprintPoser
    Chris,

Good luck!
    Yeah, I just got his PM... He's gonna take a look for me when he's back in the office on tuesday, so here's hoping!

Dainese stuff looks great, never seen any in person since everyone I know who has had the loot to buy Dainese new has opted for Vansons instead...

Cheers,
    Chris

Alpinestars Leathers?

i've got both the vanson leather is a thicker hide and takes quite a bit longer to break in. the dainese is much softer and seems to have a bit nicer styling and fit (at least for me). i also like the dainese armor better than the vanson. however, that being said i think the vanson may be able to handle more crashes.

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Alpinestars Leathers?

I originally bought a TH1 suit from Dave, but ended up with an IXS 1-piece as described here: http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...&threadid=9637

I can say that I was very impressed with the suit. If he has anything in your price range from IXS I'd check that out, too.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722