Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Alpinestars Tech Air

Alpinestars Tech Air

Apparently this isn't available in the US yet, can't find out when it will be, but it looks pretty sweet. Sounds like it will hook into the GP Pro suit and there's a LCD status readout on the sleeve?!

Tech-Air™ Street Airbag System | Alpinestars

I'm guessing this could be used independent of a suit.

Any other air bag systems out there worth looking at, and/or has anyone actually tried using one of these before?

It's probably ridiculous money...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Re: Alpinestars Tech Air

From what I read and heard (Motorcyclist Ari Henning video) This system only works with their special suits and street jacket. Not sure why, but it looks like a much easier design to implement and repack. The only issue I have is HEAT. The thing has to be like wrapping a burrito in tin foil. I'm working on going from burrito to becoming a taquito but still it has to be hot inside that air bag.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Look into Dainese Dair stuff. Especially if your going to be on the track.

I was always cheap with my gear, trying to save money for track days and race entries. I'm getting better about buying quality stuff the first time, and sometimes wonder if better gear (air or otherwise) would have helped avoid the broken clavicle that slowed down my race season. I've taken some hits to my Gaerne SG10's offroad that made me very thankful I spent the coin.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    From what I read and heard (Motorcyclist Ari Henning video) This system only works with their special suits and street jacket. Not sure why, but it looks like a much easier design to implement and repack. The only issue I have is HEAT. The thing has to be like wrapping a burrito in tin foil. I'm working on going from burrito to becoming a taquito but still it has to be hot inside that air bag.
    Yeah but all you've gotta do to cool down is hop off at speed. Imagine all of that nice air in your suit?

The D-Air looks amazing, extremely expensive and, far as I can tell, integrated with their jacket/suit. The Tech-Air doesn't need GPS or a suit from what I've read.. but it sounds like maybe that was misinformed.

At this stage in my life I'll be happy to get a few track days in this year, but then I went and watched some racing and was like oh hell frigging yes I need to do that right now but I'm trying hard to suffocate that voice for a little while longer...

Whatever the future holds I want solid gear. Air bag tech sounds like it's finally coming around to affordable-ish levels and might make a really big difference in a crash. Not sure I'll be plonking $2,500 down anytime soon for a few track days, but compared to medical bills, even the thought of missing a few days of work let along weeks... eh, it's definitely on my radar

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Bug bit me hard Sunday as well.