Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Altered exhaust ticket WTF!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down Altered exhaust ticket WTF!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys just venting, be careful with these prick state troopers...I was sitting at a red light on my rc on the way home from work ,just idleing when i saw a S.T. go the other way then whip a u turn.He came behind me and when the light turned green he flipped on the lights.The guy pull's me over and says you have an altered exhaust.(moriwaki hi mounts)I say i didnt know they were altered because this was the way i bought it.The guy then ask's for my license and reg ,which i provide,then he returns to his cruiser.I'm sitting near my bike for about 15 mins then another cruiser comes flying up with the lights on.At this point im like"here we go this cant be good"I'm trying to think hard if there was something i didnt pay or such to get arrested for.The original trooper gets out of the cruiser and ask's the other cruiser if that was "all set", the guy answer's back theyre not available.The trooper who pulled me over comes up to me and say's "tonight's your lucky night, there's no tow trucks available"I say what the fuck are you talking about a tow truck"?He then proceeds to tell me that the law states that he can tow any motorcycle for an altered exhaust.I say to him'you gotta be kidding right, i mean damn near every bike on the road has a pipe".He say's "yup and i'm gonna tow every one i see".I say "don't you have something better to be doing than harrassing people on their way home from work?"he say's "nope and be thankful youre riding home tonight with only a ticket".Man i just about lost it but i didnt, i was after all trying to get home and not to the can..He get's in his cruiser and takes off...Well i had to share this great run in with massachusetts finest......Later

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

can you say douchebag
    i dont understand why some cops have to be on a fucking power trip
    i wonder is this another law that ill only bike enforced an them sportbikes

I have had no issues even getting pulled over for speeding, not once did they care about my pipes.

I either have my high mount Mori's on or the high mount Microns. Both are loud and after market. I have had these for the last three years without ever even a flintch from a cop about them.

I think the troopers out in the western part of the state must be real bored from this past winter, or just a big prick.

I hope I don't run into that guy.

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Quick question.....Is this surchargable?

What town was this in? Guy sounds like a class-a asshole.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Pittsfield.... Berkshire county..........

Originally posted by damannz
    Quick question.....Is this surchargable?
    Yes, its fucking 2 points which is ridiculous.

Pittsfield.....will keep that in mind. I never make it that far west anyways, I'd rather ride north.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Lifer

probably surchargable.

Might want to check the law. I thought you could have a modified exhaust as long as it doesn't exceed the db limit which I think is 107.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

What an asss-hooole. I'm sorry you had to go thru this CRAP. We've never encounter any problems while riding in the Berkshires, YET...I have a bad temper for stuff like that. I hope this doesn't happen to us because I'd have to try real hard to keep my cold, I tell you...

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    I have a bad temper for stuff like that. I hope this doesn't happen to us because I'd have to try real hard to keep my cold, I tell you...
    I ussually try to loose colds when I get them...

You mean Cool ?

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Freeze Mother Bitches..

www.tailofthedragon.com

uh umm...yes thank you for the english lesson....lol

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

speaking of surchargable is driving an unregistered vehice surchargable

Originally posted by roso
    speaking of surchargable is driving an unregistered vehice surchargable
    I don't know but yesterday I couldn't take it anymore and I went for a ride on my unregistered bike! I'm such a bad person eh? I slammed my other bike's plate on the new one and went for a 30 minutes ride. I just transfered the plate on the new bike today anyway.

It was registered today tho....so it's all good....

Check this site out it is about massachusetts license revocations.I'm just worried because i got a ticket in march for uninspected vehicle, then april was riding my my dirtbike and got a unregistered, then this one.I dont want to lose my license and if this site is correct then i shouldnt but who's to say...... license info

I believe unregistered is not only surchargeable but towable and arrestable, they would also get you for uninsured too.

Damannz, have you had your bike inspected yet? Did you buy it at a dealer? You need to fight this ticket at least you might be able to get it thrown out or reduced. Most aftermarket exhausts are not DOT approved and specify they are for racing. Do your research to make sure this ST wrote you up for the right thing.

Everyone see the post about the police will be out in force this weekend...well maybe this is a sign of what was meant. This guy took it too far but he probably had a few sportbikes run from him in the past.

Originally posted by skiierx
    I believe unregistered is not only surchargeable but towable and arrestable, they would also get you for uninsured too.
    aie...that wold hurt. The bike was insured yesterday, but I guess if it's not registered, the insurance is no good anyway. As fo today everything is peachy so no worries.

from what i know the law is written in such a manner that : a) ANY modification to alter sound/appearance/performance to exhaust systems is illegal i.e. chrome exhaust tips, high performance mufflers, etc.

fight that ticket all the way, granted the way the law is written you have broken the law (a retarded one at that), but you can show up to court saying that you bought the bike like that, and passed inspection with that exhaust so you assumed that it was legal. Seeing that that dipshit gave a sportbike a ticket for an exhaust he's probably pulling over every ricer he comes across so i'm gonna assume that he won't show up for the court date which will make it much easier to beat the ticket.

Unregistered in the Commonwealth is one of their no - no(s)........
    Unreg usually means uninsured. (because of the way the Mass registrations are done RMV-1 & 3 slips....)

Uninsured and (for you NH folk) no proof of insurance (from your Ins agent) gets you the can and some big fines.......

Tow for sure on the no ins.
    Unregistered........... Tow too.

Owning up or twist the wrist....its your call.

FYI - Suf Daddy

Originally posted by skiierx

Suf Daddy.

You got a ticket right?

His badge number would be on there, he should have signed it too, but you can never read those............

Care to post up the ticket with your personal info blurred out?

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Here it is in all its glory.....

Originally posted by Suf Daddy
    Unregistered in the Commonwealth is one of their no - no(s)........
    Unreg usually means uninsured. (because of the way the Mass registrations are done RMV-1 & 3 slips....)

Uninsured and (for you NH folk) no proof of insurance (from your Ins agent) gets you the can and some big fines.......

Tow for sure on the no ins.
    Unregistered........... Tow too.

Owning up or twist the wrist....its your call.

FYI - Suf Daddy
    I was all regged on the bike.The unreg was on my dirtbike in middle of eastbumfuk.Does anyone know if its 3 speeding tickets or just any 3 tickets period and your lic is gone?

The wording is key here:
    I highlighted BOLD what I think you can contest....

Oh yeah.....according to this it should be $50
    -Suf Daddy

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/90-16.htm

CHAPTER 90. MOTOR VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT

MOTOR VEHICLES

Chapter 90: Section 16. Offensive or illegal operation of motor vehicles

Section 16. No person shall operate a motor vehicle, nor shall any owner of such vehicle permit it to be operated, in or over any way, public or private, whether laid out under authority of law or otherwise, which motor vehicles are prohibited from using, provided notice of such prohibition is conspicuously posted at the entrance to such way. No person shall operate a motor vehicle, nor shall any owner of such vehicle permit it to be operated upon any way, except fire department and fire patrol apparatus, unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a muffler to prevent excessive or unnecessary noise, which muffler is in good working order and in constant operation, and complies with such minimum standards for construction and performance as the registrar may prescribe.
    No person shall use a muffler cut-out or by-pass. No person shall operate a motor vehicle on any way which motor vehicle is equipped (1) with a muffler from which the baffle plates, screens or other original internal parts have been removed and not replaced; or
    (2) with an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust. No person operating a motor vehicle shall sound a bell, horn or other device, nor in any manner operate such motor vehicle so as to make a harsh, objectionable or unreasonable noise, nor permit to escape from such vehicle smoke or pollutants in such amounts or at such levels as may violate motor vehicle air pollution control regulations adopted under the provisions of chapter one hundred and eleven. No siren shall be mounted upon any motor vehicle except fire apparatus, ambulances, vehicles used in official line of duty by any member of the police or fire fighting forces of the commonwealth or any agency or political subdivision thereof, and vehicles owned by call fire fighters or by persons with police powers and operated in official line of duty, unless authorized by the registrar. No person shall use on or in connection with any motor vehicle a spot light, so called, the rays from which shine more than two feet above the road at a distance of thirty feet from the vehicle, except that such a spot light may be used for the purpose of reading signs, and as an auxiliary light in cases of necessity when the other lights required by law fail to operate.

No person, except a duly authorized person driving an emergency fire vehicle, shall operate a motor vehicle equipped with metal studded tires upon a public way between May the first and November the first; provided, however, the registrar may authorize the use of such tires before November the first, if weather conditions require the use thereof. Whoever violates the provisions of this paragraph shall be punished by a fine of not more than fifty dollars.

Suf Daddy.

Glad they arent that bad out here. I rolled through the center of my town the other night at 2am after work. Must have gone by 6 different cops. Not one gave a second look and im running Sato Banzai mounts.

James

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast