Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anxiously awaiting the RR but………..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really want my yella RR but if the first Red one doesn’t show up as scheduled I am gonna abort and by something else. Was wondering what you people thought of the VFR800. Some of the issues that concern me is the gross dry weight of ~470lbs. I enjoy riding on more technical roads and I think this would reduce the “flickability” of the bike.

I have looked at the 959 as its gross weight is the same as the F4i and the RR. I don’t know why I just want to stay away from liter bikes. My view is, that they are too much bike for technical riding.

I don’t feel as though there are equitable choices to be had from other manufactures.

FireNutzRR

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I was down at Riverside yesterday........that Kawi 6R might not be a bad option. It is a pretty sexy ride.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Honda really dropped the ball on the RR....
    Race teams in Europe are either going with Gixxers, or the new Kaw RR.

From my point of view, there is a reason why that the Honda isn't being released yet, one rumor is that the engine won't stay together. Personally, I wouldn't touch this Model's production year with a 10 foot pole!

Go with something that's proven....
    I like the 929 over the 954....

But wouldn't you rather own a V-Twin???

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Originally posted by TLRMan
    But wouldn't you rather own a V-Twin???
    wouldn't EVERYONE?

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Banned

Originally posted by TLRMan
    Honda really dropped the ball on the RR....
    Race teams in Europe are either going with Gixxers, or the new Kaw RR.

From my point of view, there is a reason why that the Honda isn't being released yet, one rumor is that the engine won't stay together. Personally, I wouldn't touch this Model's production year with a 10 foot pole!

Oh is that what they are saying on the Suzuki sites? 'Zuk owners grabbing at straws again?

From the outset, Honda have said "NO DELIVERIES UNTIL MARCH AT THE EARLIEST!!" If people don't want to believe that then that is their problem. Delivery is on schedule for the RR. They have 4 in Los Angeles right now being road tested by the magazines and the race bike will debut in WSS next weekend.

We had the same rumours about the RC51 3 years ago. It's just wishful thinking on the part of the Gixxer crowd.

Degsy

Banned

Re: Anxiously awaiting the RR but………..

Originally posted by FireBallF4i
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really want my yella RR but if the first Red one doesn’t show up as scheduled I am gonna abort and by something else. Was wondering what you people thought of the VFR800. Some of the issues that concern me is the gross dry weight of ~470lbs. I enjoy riding on more technical roads and I think this would reduce the “flickability” of the bike.

I have looked at the 959 as its gross weight is the same as the F4i and the RR. I don’t know why I just want to stay away from liter bikes. My view is, that they are too much bike for technical riding.

I don’t feel as though there are equitable choices to be had from other manufactures.

FireNutzRR
    The VFR800 is a great bike but it is NOT a canyon carver like the RR's are. The 954 is light and powerful and would be fine as a techical road bike. Don't worry, the RR's are coming in soon.

If you aren't willing to wait a week or two extra for the 600rr, I really question whether you really really want one or just want the latest and greatest 600 out there.

BTW, if you want the best 600 out there this year you need to go with the Kawa600R (not the RR), hands down.

Degsy

Originally posted by Degsy
    Oh is that what they are saying on the Suzuki sites? 'Zuk owners grabbing at straws again?

From the outset, Honda have said "NO DELIVERIES UNTIL MARCH AT THE EARLIEST!!" If people don't want to believe that then that is their problem. Delivery is on schedule for the RR. They have 4 in Los Angeles right now being road tested by the magazines and the race bike will debut in WSS next weekend.

We had the same rumours about the RC51 3 years ago. It's just wishful thinking on the part of the Gixxer crowd.

Degsy
    Actually, it was from A TEAM HONDA Site....
    These guys race HONDAS....But can't wait for the RR to show up, so they went with other brands...Kaw and Suz
    Still, if I was producing a "Killer 600" it would have been out a lot earlier than this...Sumpthin' s Fishy as far as I'm concerned...
    Now Take that you MEANIE! BWAAAAA HAAAA!

Was talking with Carlo at riverside and he said he's sold his Kawi RR's already (nice blue 636 on the floor though). The Honda's ARE blowing up motors. Funny that every other manufacturer is not feeling the West Coast strike. HONDA..........hahahahhaah.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Banned

Somebody show me a link to a reputable source saying that the RR motor has a reliability problem. ie, proof that more than one has blown up.

Degsy

I ran across an EMail conversation between a Race Team and a Honda rep...I'm trying to find it....

If I was treated that way, I'd be racing a Kawasaki 600 myself.
    Honda definately is hiding something...

BTW.... Nickey Hayden walked back to the pits how many times because his RC Blew up?....... 5 or 6 times anyway.

The RC's DID have problems.... In racing trim, not so much in street trim. But whah wins on Sundays, sells on Mondays!
    Even though, non of those bikes come close to what is run on the street....Just the name is the same....

The only thing that was "Stock" on my racebike motor, was the side covers of the motor...Everything else was TZ-350 or 750 road racing engine parts....

Banned

Nicky walked back to the pits? MAYBE once. Colin had problems. Nicky won the championship!!!

Check this out:
    http://www.roadracers.uk.com/roadracers.htm

This seems to be what it is all about.

This guy screams like a baby because he can't get an RR when HE wants it, so all of a sudden Honda sucks. Too bad buddy, don't plan on racing a bike until you have it in your hands.

http://www.motorush.com/forums/messa...threadid=25070

This is more beneficial on this matter.

Again, anyone find anything reputable on the net or otherwise that says a Honda motor has blown up?

What you might find is Honda back in October saying that they can't deliver bikes early as they need time to perfect the motor. The March/April timescale will still apply.

Sorry, as usual Honda will be producing a super-reliable motor.

Degsy

Nicky walked back to the pits? MAYBE once. Colin had problems. Nicky won the championship!!!

Degsy

I'm talking back when they were developing it....Took a couple years to get it right....

I can see this with the RR...Maybe

If you dump 150 million into a GP project, chances are, it will work, like it did last year...Still, being in the business of manufacturing "state of the art whatever" There are a lot of hurdles to get over.... Took me 2 years to keep my bike engine together, and I didn't have all this kind of money to throw at it.

BTW, we will never know the whole truth to the matter anyway, just speculation.... But if they can produce a "world class" GP bike in record time, why are they taking such a long time to get the RR out? Engine development was in the making way before the announcement that the bike would be late, or even before it was announced that Honda had such a platform.... Christ, it's a friggen inline 4 cylinder, not a fancy V5, stuffed into an elogated wheelbased chassis. Still, I'll Leave this question open.
    Chances are the Engine was spitting out aluminum chips at the Honda Factory, and not while testing on the track in open public view...This is why there is a delay.

And, like you said, once all the "bugs" are worked out, Honda will have a decent reliable product.

I always tell the boys at work, that nothing is impossible, it just takes a little longer.....

Last edited by TLRMan; 03-02-03 at 01:55 PM.

Re: Anxiously awaiting the RR but………..

Originally posted by FireBallF4i

FireNutzRR

I believe that i can ride as quick or quicker on technical roads on my GSXR1000 than on a GSXR600. The reason being, is that corner speed will be about the same, but the 1000 just has so much more grunt coming out of the same corner. And regardless of what bike your on, it will only go as fast as your right hand tells it to go.

peace

Re: Re: Anxiously awaiting the RR but………..

Originally posted by GMS1000
    it will only go as fast as your right hand tells it to go.
    ....and you know all about that, don'tchya?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Hey Fireball..

If there were real issues with the RR.. I would think that at least 1 moto-journalist would have mentioned or at least alluded to them. I think I've read almost everything that has been published in the US about the RR.. or close c(: And haven't heard a mention of even a hiccup with the bike. So here's to hoping!

If they're not in by third week of may.. different story.. but for now I think it'll be more than worth the wait.

-Feirax

Originally posted by Feirax
    Hey Fireball..

If there were real issues with the RR.. I would think that at least 1 moto-journalist would have mentioned or at least alluded to them. I think I've read almost everything that has been published in the US about the RR.. or close c(: And haven't heard a mention of even a hiccup with the bike. So here's to hoping!

If they're not in by third week of may.. different story.. but for now I think it'll be more than worth the wait.

-Feirax

You wouldn't read anything like that anyway....Do you know how much $$$ goes into those magazines? God forbid if anyone says something bad...about any Model bike....
    If there was something wrong, Honda has headed it off at the pass...You'll get your RR in soon enuff time...
    Damn, Suzuki isn't even shipping the SV1000 because of the headlight falling off or something...I guess they didn't use the correct type of glue...

Banned

Mark, I have a bridge to sell you.

Just because it says it online, or in the press, or because a friend' friend said it, it doesn't make it true.

FACTS!!

1. Honda said 3rd week March EARLIEST DELIVERY for the RR
    2. EVERYONE has a story about how new bikes are delayed, delivery to the US but held in customs etc etc etc. Don't believ the hype. Dealers pay ADVANCE FEES for delivery of bikes, and if there was a problem there would be articles ALL OVER the web and magazines about it because dealers would spill the beans about it as soon as they could.
    3. NO RR is late yet! Relax people!!
    4. The gixxer600 is unchainged for 2003 and suddenly the Honda has reliability problems, delivery problems, freighter sank in South China seas etc etc. Coincidence? I think not. This happens all the time when new bikes come out. If I could have afforded a new 'RR I would have bought one and raced it.

I will stick my neck out now and say this:

1. No RR will be delivered late
    2. RR's will be as reliable as every other CBR600
    2. RR's will win AND come second at Daytona next weekend.
    3. An RR will win the AMA 600 supersport and World supersport this year.

Anyone wanna go a $20 bet against me?

Degs

Degs,
    You don't like Honda do you.... Why do you drive an american shit box and not a Honda Pilot???

OK on a serious note... Honda's are the....well Honda's of motorcycling. Bullet proof. What other bike can you crash twice in a day and still race it on Sunday. Degs you are a fanatic

g-man

Gerard

Wayne, tell me again, what is wrong with your year-old F4i??
    Oh, and take it from Rob, keep with 600s.

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Mark, I have a bridge to sell you.

2. RR's will win AND come second at Daytona next weekend.

Anyone wanna go a $20 bet against me?

Degs
    I'll take that bet, if E-Boz is racing on the ZX6RR.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Karl Muggeridge will win the World SS title on the Ten Kate Honda......

Last edited by GMS1000; 03-02-03 at 11:43 PM.

Originally posted by Jankster
    Wayne, tell me again, what is wrong with your year-old F4i??
    Oh, and take it from Rob, keep with 600s.
    Hey Chris,

Aight, ya got me. There ain't a thing wrong with my "year-old F4i". My need for the yella RR does not stem from rational reasoning. First I saw it then after a month or so I said I want it. Then I started to assemble some justification for it. It is true though that I want a few more ponies. But, considering that the hp/weight ratio on the F4i is something like 5:1, the need for more hp dosen't make a lot of sense either. I don't think I have tapped a third of this potential.

I have always entertained what was considered the cutting edge with all of the sports I have engaged in and the RR is this for me. Also. I guess I really wanted something different and I like the color yella.

Great input from all of ya. I guess I am gonna wait til May for the RR. I sold the F4i already so Right now I do need a bike. It's just a matter of what one I get to go to Deals Gap in July.

FireNutzRR

If E-Boz runs the 6rr (which he won't if he's running Superbike......but he should cause that platform is OVER!) the game is over everyone should just stay home. His lap times on the damn thing are ridiculous.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Banned

OK Gary, we have our $20 bet.

Degsy

If you are looking for a 929 check here

g-man

Gerard

or you could check this bad ass 2002 Honda 919 out... saw it yesterday at MOM's... froggin sweet. i just wish there were a way to fit a windscreen and still have it look this tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast