Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Finally got a real leather jacket with armor

Finally got a real motorcycle leather jacket with armor yesterday , it's a discontinued model but it's pretty nice , its a Fieldsheer AirBlade http://www.fieldsheer.com/airblade_jacket.htm -

I have a question though , do you baby the leathers like clean it everyday and stuff , or can you just leave it on the floor sometimes and sometimes someone like sits on it now and then ? Cause I can't baby this thing . . . I ride to school and it doesn't fit in my locker so I might have to leave it on the floor in my classes and maybe someone might step on it . Is this ok ? Or is this going to kill the armor inside the jacket and the leather ? and sometimes my friends like to hit the armor when I have it on because they think its cool . .. . they scratched up my helmet before once , because we were doing jackass videos but thats a different story . . . , So back to the leathers , is it ok to just let people hit it now and then or is it not meant to be hit like that ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Gangsta SV; 03-25-03 at 06:59 PM.

Hey I just bought that same jacket, how much did you pay for yours? Do you like it? Yea im also starting to ride to school, why dont you just get a locker to put your jacket in? Thats what im gonna do.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

You don't need to baby them they are already dead. I have thrown mine down the track a couple of times and it didn't bitch I raced with the same one last year with the zip on pants. Really just make sure if it gets really wet you let it dry naturally, not in a cloths dryer.. That and wipe the dust off once a week or so..

Did you decide on a bike yet???

G-man

Gerard

DaSpence : I think I paid ~130 for it , I don't remember right now off the top of my head, because my uncle paid fot it , I like it , its a nice jacket , and about the locker . . . I goto a school where lockers are the size of microwaves . . only crap goes in . .

gsxr600ger : thanks for the info , I am thinking of a GSXR 750 , 600 , CBR 600 F4i , ZX-6 R , CBR 900 RR or SV650 , which ever one I can get my hands on first after I sell my current bike . I know that most people would yell squid at me if I get the GSXR 750 or CBR 900 RR , but . . oh well what ever makes me happy , hopefully I won't get myself in over my head .

Worst come worst . . if the speed addiction continues even more . . I sell my car and get myself a ducati 999 . . . , but that's not going to happen . . heheehheeh

Hold on wait . . people already call me squid . . .

Lifer

Hmm.. Hey Rachel that is some good information...

Too bad I don't really have a place to just leave my new leathers on the floor.

Thanks,
    Ben

Last edited by benVFR; 03-25-03 at 10:38 PM.

Originally posted by JCsGrly
    i can't speak for real armour but vanson leathers tells you not to hang it up cuz it will stay in that rigid form if you always do - fine once its broken in - but you are best to even work it/wrestle around with it whatever ... so leaving it on the floor wont hurt it - think of it this way.... good jackets are made to stand a beating... dirt, stepping on it, etc wont hurt it... that's hardly something to be concerned over.
    Awesome , thanks for the info , now I don't have to worry about the leathers

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

sometimes my friends like to hit the armor when I have it on because they think its cool . .. . they scratched up my helmet before once , because we were doing jackass videos but thats a different story . . .
    Maybe you need new friends...