Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Aprilia middleweight...

Aprilia middleweight...

I was talking to Jesse at Seacoast Sport Cycles (Aprilia dealer in Derry, NH) about whether or not Aprilia is going to enter the market with a middleweight. According to him the Aprilia bosses told him that they will be developing a middleweight displacement bike but not to expect anything until the 2006-2007 model years. It's nice to hear that they're planning on building one but it got me thinking as to what engine configuration it might end up being. I personally would love to see a 600CC triple mini cube motor. Triples sound completely unique and it would be nice and narrow. It might also nicely split the difference between I4 top end HP and twin torque. Whadda y'all think?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Watch the sparrow falling
    Gives new meaning to it all
    If not today nor yet tomorrow
    then some other day

I'll take seven lives for one
    And then my only father's son
    As sure as I did ever love him
    I am not afraid

05 DRZ400SM bone stock (for the moment). Most fun I've ever had on two wheels baby!!!

Aprilia middleweight...

Aprilia's future is uncertain. Ducati bid for the majority share of Aprilia just a few days ago.

Any guess as to whether or not something like this middlweight will happen is pure speculation, although I think it would be neat.

A while back all the talk was of a possible 450cc lightweight. So, who knows what will actually happen.

Jason LaCroix
    '02 Honda VTR1000F
    IBA #19722

Aprilia middleweight...

Yeah, Aprilia is not looking too good right now. Their AMA racing team was supposed to make their debut at the Laguna Seca World/AMA Superbike races, but their funding is "held up". It's really too bad, Aprilia make some really cool bikes and they have good potential with their MotoGP bikes and they always do well in the 125-250cc classes.

Ducati made a bid to buy them out, but that deal has yet to be finalized and remains uncertain.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Aprilia middleweight...

Originally posted by lrrs167
    Yeah, Aprilia is not looking too good right now. T

Bras cause cancer.

Aprilia middleweight...

I think I'm going to be very

Life is full of curves...just lean into them!!!

Aprilia

Aprilia is a very old company with deep roots in Europe. They have only been in the states a very short time comparatively. When they came in to the US marketplace, they did no marketing or advertising to really speak of. They make some of the best engineered bikes on the planet...they will most likely NOT sell the majority of the company to Ducati. There is bad blood between the two for obvious reasons(MotoGP). That's pretty much the overall reasoning as to why they are not doing as well as they could be here in the US market. They are stepping their marketing up a bit, and planning a middle weight bike too. hopefully that will help them along in this country. They also just came out with a NASTY motard motor! I believe either May or June's issue of Road Racing World has a feature on it. They are making strides slowly but surely...

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"