Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Article on MC Safety in NH

Lifer

The statistics are definately biased. They have failed to mention many of the other pertinant facts such as population increase, housing density changes, and also the amount of increase in auto accidents, etc. Yes, more people have been killed on motorcycles, and this is a tragic fact. How many of these people were killed in accidents that weren't thier fault? If we look at the national numbers are they as skewed?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Lifer

Yah... what Bryan said... how are you guys percieving this as an anti-motorcycle article?

It even spells it out...

NH has had massive growth in NEW RIDERS...

Of course the # of deaths is going to go up. 29 doesn't exactly seem like a lot though...

It was just an interesting factoid that only one of the riders had taken training. Regardless of whether that is representative of the overall chances of trained vs. non-trained riders killing themselves, it is pretty interesting.

The usual stat is untrained riders killing themselves 2x as often as trained riders I think????

their percentages and "trends" are bs.
    their sample set seems insufficient for any real "stats" calculations, mathematically speaking.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

what trend is 'bs'? there IS a sportbike boom. ask tony.

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

!BEGIN THREAD BASTARDIZATION

Welcome back Greg, long time no see on this forum!

!END THREAD BASTARDIZATION

Don't care what the article says or doesn't say, I know in my gut that I am safer for taking the MSF courses (I take the advanced course with every new bike I get because its a great way to feel out a new bike with someone off the bike looking at how you work it) and I know that the people I ride with are safer for having taken the course. I know this, and the stats don't add to or detract from my knowledge. I don't really need the stats simply because when it comes to trends like this, it is too easy to lie with statistics.

Simply put, recommend MSF to every new rider you meet, you just may save their skin!

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Originally posted by bentbryan
    what trend is 'bs'? there IS a sportbike boom. ask tony.
    sorry "trends" shouldn't be in there.

this is a n example of what iwas elluding to...

As of Dec. 8, 29 people were killed on motorcycles, a 222 percent increase over the nine killed during

this is a riduclous statement, statistically. this shows someone can punch numbers into a calculator but has no idea about what sample sets and numbers mean. this is like politician mathematics. i hate politics.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12