Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Firstgear

Question Firstgear

Anyone have any experiance with their products?? They are having some killer sales..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    " It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

Firstgear

I have a Firstgear leather ie made by Heine Geirke sp? and I LOVE their stuff. I definately regret getting my Vanson jacket vs buying another Firstgear leather

99 R1 with BRR front among other things
    01 WR426

Firstgear

that's what I'm wearing now, fabric, not leather after being very dissatisfied with Joe Rocket (stitching sux, zipper quality sux )

their stitching & construction, design is excellent, however they do not use as heviy denier fabric as some other brands and the armor also seems to be lacking a bit, I think JR aromor is better, so I swapped mine.

even though I don't think the protection is quite as good as the JR or Aerostitch gear that I have, I like the design of pockets & vents and comfort better

I also can say that first Gear that I have keeps me drier in the rain than anything else I've had

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Firstgear

I got mine thru NewEnough.
    I have the FG mesh jacket ... very cool to wear on hot days, I upgraded the armor to CE and have questions on how it reacts to a slide as it is just mesh. I make sure that I have cotton between it and my skin. Don't trust pure mesh and skin, that stuff will melt.

The Air Mesh pants I use for commuting, work well over office clothes. Again, got the extra armor for hips and CE for knees. Pants are loose enough that I believe armor would roll over in a fall. Again, something is better than nothing. Came with a liner that is waterproof and I am waiting for cold weather to test windproof characteristics. Just been too damn hot and I won't ride without gear. (Wifey works in hospital and I made a very big promise that I will be a good boy she has some pretty bad stories and I don't want to go there! )

Also got the Kilamanjaro, again too damn hot to wear that puppy. Can't wait for cold weather to wear those with the Air Mesh pants. That is a serious riding jacket. Supposed to be a good rain jacket so I got it for that purpose also. I bought most of this stuff based on Paul's recommendations on the NewEnough website. Also went to this website http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/

Anyone who takes the time to write what I consider an honest opinion deserves my business, Paul at NewEnough did that. There may be cheaper places but the service is great and the prices are very fair.

Firstgear

i've got a firstgear mesh jacket as well that i upgraded to CE armor. for the price i got it at, i'm very happy with it. i just ordered some hein gericke textile pants which are made by the same company that makes firstgear.

which stores are you looking at? if you're looking online, i could probably give you a bunch of places to check since i spent a good part of yesterday trying to find the best deal on those pants.

Firstgear

I have a pair of their gloves, and are quite happy with them.

Lifer

Firstgear

I was wearing the Firstgear mesh suit at Bikenight the other night when we were all hanging out.

It is good stuff but now that Currently mentions you can swap the armor I am going to do it.

The pants are mostly cordura with venting, not really mesh, probably better then real mesh pants. In any case it is almost too cold to wear this stuff now.

Firstgear

I was actually at BrocktonCycle yesterday and all their First Gear stuff is half off or more..I saw a leather jacket that retails for 300.00 for 129.00..I was thinking of it..

" It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot