Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NEED ASAP: 99-02 SV650 Forks et al

Question NEED ASAP: 99-02 SV650 Forks et al

My friend just snagged an '00 SV. It was driven into a wooden porch by the last owner about 4 years ago. The upper fork tubes are bent.

He needs:
    - Brake lever
    - Front fender
    - Forks (or just fork tubes maybe...??)

He is trying to do a track day this thursday so he's kind of scrambling to get parts together.

If anyone has any parts or could help point us to someone who has parts let me know via PM....thanks for the help!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

I have an extra set, but unfortunately, I'm using them while my originals are originals are getting rebuilt, I snagged a a complete fork, triple tree, clipons and calipers from an 01 S, about 3 weeks ago for $255 on ebay

if you can get the right gsxr fork & tripple tree (i'm not sure what years check the sv forum) you can get the bearing that you would need at a bearing store like BearingSpecialty, give em the measurements, for inside & outside diameter and with and they will come up with something

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Thanks for the thought & ideas on the GSXR front end. He's trying to stay low buck hence the stock forks...but being an ex-racer and general hooligan, the GSXR conversion might suit him well.

Someone told me that the stock 600/750 FE didnt' require an aftermarket bearing, not sure if that is fact or not.

Originally posted by RandyO
    I have an extra set, but unfortunately, I'm using them while my originals are originals are getting rebuilt, I snagged a a complete fork, triple tree, clipons and calipers from an 01 S, about 3 weeks ago for $255 on ebay

if you can get the right gsxr fork & tripple tree (i'm not sure what years check the sv forum) you can get the bearing that you would need at a bearing store like BearingSpecialty, give em the measurements, for inside & outside diameter and with and they will come up with something

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650