Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rider down on Rt. 16 last night

Rider down on Rt. 16 last night

Heading north into Dover, went past a bike/rider down in the southbound lane at exit 8 with a slew of emergency vehicles around it. Hopefully wasn't anyone on here.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

Re: Rider down on Rt. 16 last night

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Heading north into Dover, went past a bike/rider down in the southbound lane at exit 8 with a slew of emergency vehicles around it. Hopefully wasn't anyone on here.
    SUX...hope he isn't too badly hurt.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by TLRMan View Post
    Oh, I forgot to add, I charge double for Kawasaki's

"My God, you're gonna have to cool me down, give me an ice block to shove in my pants or something".
    -Barbecue Lou

I got a friend that lives one exit up ... he is not answering his phone.

*fingers crossed*

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0)

hopefully he's ok

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    I got a friend that lives one exit up ... he is not answering his phone.

*fingers crossed*
    Thankfully Joe... it wasn't me! I was on the bike today but way up north and headed south to get back to Dover. Thanks for calling too!

No word on who or what happened yet though.... nothing on the local news web...

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.151 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Damn hope he's alright

Mike (Stan) Facebook username = MJStanley508
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Yoshi R-55 Slip-on, PUIG rear hugger, PUIG windscreen, Pazzo levers, 6k HID kit

Finally some news! IS he a member? He's stable at least...

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/708039902

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

Glad to hear he is in stable condition...be safe everyone.

You know what sucks driving by stuff like that, for me at least. Most of the cagers driving by that scene are going to see a "crotch rocket" and immediately pass judgement that he was probably driving recklessly, or speeding. None of them except people who ride themselves would ever have it occur to them that a cager cut him off, blindsided him, or that in a quick braking situation he was rear ended by a car and knocked down. They always figure that just another squid finally went down

I left work one night around 2 Am and was leaving Waltham headed for Newton on High St heading towards Moody st. As I came up to the intersection of Lowell St and High st, right next to the basketball courts my light was green, I was just about into the intersection only going about 25 mpg a car came from my left coming down Lowell st and totally blew the light at about 50 mph. Scared the shit out of me, never even touched his brakes after he went through. This was when I put all those reflective decals on my bike. If wordtooyomama reads this he'll know where I mean.

but the thing of it is, I know damn well if he had hit me, I'd be dead, he wouldn't have stopped, there'd be no skid marks for the accident team to go by. Just a mangled bike a dead rider and people would just assume that it was an irresponsible riders fault. I mean what was he doing out at 2 am? No one would think I had just left work

yeah I'm a little bit nuts about it, kinda a chip on my shoulder even. But it's there for a reason. That can't be many people here that haven't had a completely oblivious driver come into their lane on the highway and not even see them there because they didn't look. We've all had close calls with cars, I wish the cagers would realize that a simple low speed fender bender for them just means a trip to the body shop, when the same thing for us means a trip to the emergency room with a broken body!

…… stepping off my soap box now.

Last edited by DailyCommuter; 08-03-09 at 09:26 AM.
    Only leave for tomorrow that which you are willing to die having left undone... ~chinese fortune cookie~

2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE Silver
    2005 Suzuki SV1000S Red

...you know what else? When one of 'us' sees an accident like that we assume some asswipe cager made a left turn in front of the victim...

our sport attracts it's share of assholes too...so I never pass judgement one way or another unless I have all the facts...which is rare.

Best of luck to this gent...hope he recovers completely.

Last edited by DucDave; 08-03-09 at 11:17 AM.
    "A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

I'm the one Currently was talking about, one exit up from this. I ride this stretch every day (from exit 9 to 7) and then jump off to take back roads to work. Exit's 8 and 9 on Rte 16 are a danger in both directions. Exit 8 especially because it is the 4 leaf clover... each side has traffic trying to get on while oncoming traffic is trying to get off. It could have been any number of circumstances and even more likely that he simply got clipped by a panicked cager who saw someone coming on (no one EVER yields anymore!) and pulled out into or in front of him without even looking. That is the single most common even at that exit. Because I am aware of what goes on there, I use extreme caution and try to keep myself in an open pocket.

I hope the kid will be OK. If they took his bike where I think it would go, I may go see if I can get a look at it. I have to go in town today anyway.

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

There is no third lane to get into the traffic.

You are at whoever's mercy in the right lane for a pocket.

My experience on that road ... there is no mercy.

If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride would do.

In hibernation

agreed!!! - I intentionally go through downtown to avoid those ramps (esp the clover)...

Quote Originally Posted by Currently View Post
    There is no third lane to get into the traffic.

You are at whoever's mercy in the right lane for a pocket.

My experience on that road ... there is no mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by FlynGSXR1k View Post
    agreed!!! - I intentionally go through downtown to avoid those ramps (esp the clover)...
    Yes, I find myself more and more getting to Pease via downtown Dover, out to 101 (Maine) and over to Kittery. Then head through Rte 1... But, I am usually running a bit late and suffer those two exits to get to 7.

-={FZ1inNH}=-
    2009 Yamaha FZ1

Hawk Is Respectable Now WordTooYoMamma's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (Tilt: HTC-8900/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

Quote Originally Posted by DailyCommuter
    You know what sucks driving by stuff like that, for me at least. Most of the cagers driving by that scene are going to see a "crotch rocket" and immediately pass judgement that he was probably driving recklessly, or speeding. None of them except people who ride themselves would ever have it occur to them that a cager cut him off, blindsided him, or that in a quick braking situation he was rear ended by a car and knocked down. They always figure that just another squid finally went down

I left work one night around 2 Am and was leaving Waltham headed for Newton on High St heading towards Moody st. As I came up to the intersection of Lowell St and High st, right next to the basketball courts my light was green, I was just about into the intersection only going about 25 mpg a car came from my left coming down Lowell st and totally blew the light at about 50 mph. Scared the shit out of me, never even touched his brakes after he went through. This was when I put all those reflective decals on my bike. If wordtooyomama reads this he'll know where I mean.

but the thing of it is, I know damn well if he had hit me, I'd be dead, he wouldn't have stopped, there'd be no skid marks for the accident team to go by. Just a mangled bike a dead rider and people would just assume that it was an irresponsible riders fault. I mean what was he doing out at 2 am? No one would think I had just left work

yeah I'm a little bit nuts about it, kinda a chip on my shoulder even. But it's there for a reason. That can't be many people here that haven't had a completely oblivious driver come into their lane on the highway and not even see them there because they didn't look. We've all had close calls with cars, I wish the cagers would realize that a simple low speed fender bender for them just means a trip to the body shop, when the same thing for us means a trip to the emergency room with a broken body!

…… stepping off my soap box now.
    I see more people in waltham not hesitating to run a now 5-10 second redlight without even considering the consequences. That's why I look at all intersections before I go, if I don't see someone stopped in the front.