Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

These ATV and other riders are really getting out of control

Re: These ATV and other riders are really getting out of control

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    maybe it's time to let the police do their job
    You mean respond to a crime that already happened and make a report?

They do that very well.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I wonder if this was a ride out? How is it being brought back into community?? Not the "greater" community apparantly.

Published on October 19, 2020
    By Ride-Out

“Ride outs were built to create safety for our youth. We ride in packs to minimize the possibility of being hit by cars. We ride together because it creates bonds in our community. Because so many of our young Black and brown men are locked out of society due to racism and records, bike culture creates a space to help bring us back into community.“

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2013 ZX6R-636

Boston City Councilor Matt O'Malley says police have a no-chase policy with dirt bike and ATV riders, as leading them on a chase would increase the risk of a crash.

As an alternative, O'Malley wants the city to look into the possibility of installing gates, lights and speed bumps at Franklin Park, and potentially offering a designated space for dirt bike and ATV riders.

"It might mean looking at certain aspects of the park that could be used for dirt bikes and lawful bikes," the councilor said. "Sort of a more removed area that we could cordon off and have certain hours of the day that it was allowed."
    Apparently the City Councillor is not aware of the $100 permit required….

Hopefully they catch these guys as they filmed it. Worst of society. They don’t belong in society.

https://www.abc6.com/woman-pulled-fr...ke-atv-riders/

Slightly off topic:

I was in Freetown forest this weekend and saw a group of atv riders being dbags. For those that don’t know Freetown has OHV trails, and a ton of them, that are motorcycle only. Also in the forest are dirt/fire/ access roads that are for the most part off limits. These people were ripping up and down the dirt roads, going into one of the picnic/ hangout areas, dusting the place out, etc. Since motorcycles are tolerated at best by the general public it’s on us to self police when we see people acting like that.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I used to mountain bike out there a lot...would never run into atvs...sometimes dirt bikes but the riders were respectful for the most part...we would just pull off the trail and let them by...we could hear them but they can’t hear us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

I used to mountain bike out there a lot...would never run into atvs...sometimes dirt bikes but the riders were respectful for the most part...we would just pull off the trail and let them by...we could hear them but they can’t hear us

I was on my mountain bike when I saw them, though I do like to ride my dirtbike there too. It must have been a sight to watch my dumb ass in spandex screaming at 4 people on quads.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I’m in Lawrence and see these types at times.
    Riding my left on one wheel, I just ignore it because if I don’t Ill snap if provoked ����♂️

It is escalating as expected. This already happened in Springfield MA and will happen more often as the politicians allow this to go on empowering the criminals. The more they get away with the more they will try to get away with.

2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
    2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC

To be fair this is nothing new. I think this was around since 2013

There was even an undercover or offduty? cop in the group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dqIPRYTWWA

I remember that in NY and yes a cop was in the group.

Someone “affiliated” with the Providence group has blamed the woman. Said a rider couldn’t start his bike and she started honking at them and got out of her car.

So let’s see if my bike breaks down I’d push it off to the side of the road. I’d assume the rest of my crew would also pull out of the traffic lanes. If some criminal decides to beat the woman you’d think one person would have the sense to stop it. Insanity.

There was a huge thread about that incident here. Speed bump was a coke dealer if I recall correctly.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    There was a huge thread about that incident here. Speed bump was a coke dealer if I recall correctly.
    Right. Point is the problem has been around for some time.

It's pretty much impossible to stop these events from happening, all you can do is deal with repercussions.

America is pretty much a collection of people that don't want to be governed, but want others to be governed. Which is why we have all these problems that are pretty unique to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    Right. Point is the problem has been around for some time.

It's pretty much impossible to stop these events from happening, all you can do is deal with repercussions.

America is pretty much a collection of people that don't want to be governed, but want others to be governed. Which is why we have all these problems that are pretty unique to us.

It was pretty quiet for a bit after all those guys got charged though. It takes time to steal all those bikes back again.....

A total of 15 people were arrested, 55 motorcycles were confiscated, and 69 summonses were issued in connection with the September 29 event. Eleven bikers were convicted in connection with the attack.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Does anyone honestly believe that having more spots to legally ride and use public land is the answer to this? These kids are in it for the thrill of the chase/ hood notoriety/ adrenaline rush. I personally don't believe if you said Okay Jr, you can go ride legally on X acres of land that that would solve even a second of these.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by 01xj; 08-09-21 at 01:39 AM.

Hypertarded

Arrest made in connection to brutal beating of woman by mob of ATV, dirt bike riders: Police
    Shyanne Boisvert was charged with assault and disorderly conduct.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-mad...ry?id=79309387

A woman has been arrested in connection to the brutal beating of another woman who was attacked by a mob of ATV riders and dirt bikers in Providence, Rhode Island, police said in a statement Thursday.

On Thursday evening, Providence Police detectives apprehended Shyanne Boisvert, 24, of North Providence, "related to the assault that occurred on Valley Street on August 3," the police department said.

Providence Police were notified of Boisvert's whereabouts by the Cranston Police Department, when she reported to their station regarding an unrelated matter, they said.
    Saw something about her being arrested earlier this year in the comments section, something about assault on an officer.....

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Does anyone honestly believe that having more spots to legally ride and use public land is the answer to this? These kids are in it for the thrill of the chase/ hood notoriety/ adrenaline rush. I personally don't believe if you said Okay Jr, you can go ride legally on X acres of land that that would solve even a second of these.
    I suspect you're 100% correct. However, in the spirit of not letting a crisis go to waste.......if this results in more legal areas for the rest of us that's a good thing.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

ATV/UTV's belong in the woods, not city streets .

Guess they don't have any trailers or pull vehicles .

God forbid they have to register / insure / buy a trail pass .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails These ATV and other riders are really getting out of control-img_8358-jpg  

Last edited by TIMMYDUCK; 08-09-21 at 03:49 AM.
    TIMMYDUCK

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    I remember that in NY and yes a cop was in the group.

Someone “affiliated” with the Providence group has blamed the woman. Said a rider couldn’t start his bike and she started honking at them and got out of her car.

So let’s see if my bike breaks down I’d push it off to the side of the road. I’d assume the rest of my crew would also pull out of the traffic lanes. If some criminal decides to beat the woman you’d think one person would have the sense to stop it. Insanity.
    right...just like the people at the supermarket who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle while checking something out so you can't pass...i hate that

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    exactly...you don't reward people doing illegal activities...let the cops chase them down...start towing anything parked on the street that not registered

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

right...just like the people at the supermarket who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle while checking something out so you can't pass...i hate that
    I just bash the cart out of the way at this point. I get dirty looks, but fuck it, I can be an asshole if they can be an asshole.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

we had a solution to this in 1987. net gun and a van.

These ATV and other riders are really getting out of control-vlcsnap-2021-08-09-17h31m12s699

My tenants scooter a few days ago. I've had one stolen of the street. I've had one stolen from my old place in Brookline, then found it around the corner. He has had one stolen in front of his old place. He also had it stolen again and found it too. Our friends have had one stolen on the street. It sort of just isn't worth it anymore to have one unless you can garage it.

The few things that concern me is that, as you can sort of tell, our house is super tucked back and hidden. We think a delivery person gave a tip, or they stalked him driving it home. His girlfriend was home and there were like 4 of them.

https://imgur.com/a/VtVD1sd

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 08-19-21 at 10:44 AM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

A joint investigation involving the Worcester Police Department’s Neighborhood Response Team, Massachusetts State Police, Massachusetts Environmental Police, and the Millbury Police Department has led to several arrests related to the dangerous operation of dirt bikes on railroad property.

The agencies involved with this investigation were addressing ongoing complaints of people trespassing at the Providence and Worcester Rail yard located at 150 Blackstone River Road.

On August 29, 2021 at approximately 4 p.m. a group of approximately 15-20 dirt bikes, ATVS and scooters were traveling through the Providence-Worcester Railroad property. These individuals operating the dirt bikes were doing wheelies, speeding and operating them in an unsafe manner. The responding agencies set up a perimeter around the off road vehicles in an attempt to stop them and take them into custody. Officers commanded the drivers to stop. Many of these operators ignored all commands and tried to escape by weaving through police or abandoning their vehicles and attempting to flee on foot.

During the operation officers seized five dirt bikes, towed two motor vehicles and recovered three firearms.

Below is a list of individuals who have been arrested/charged:

De’Marion Fedal Safro, 19, of Laurel Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing.

Jordan Campos, 24, of 51 Great Brook Valley Ave., Worcester was charged with Trespassing, Resisting Arrest, and Disorderly Conduct.

Luis Valdez, 24, of 33 Cutler Street, was charged with Trespassing.

Geovani Kevllier, 21, of 4 Montrose Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing

A male juvenile of Worcester was charged with Trespassing.

Crystyyna Lopez, 20, of 634 Grafton Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    A joint investigation involving the Worcester Police Department’s Neighborhood Response Team, Massachusetts State Police, Massachusetts Environmental Police, and the Millbury Police Department has led to several arrests related to the dangerous operation of dirt bikes on railroad property.

The agencies involved with this investigation were addressing ongoing complaints of people trespassing at the Providence and Worcester Rail yard located at 150 Blackstone River Road.

On August 29, 2021 at approximately 4 p.m. a group of approximately 15-20 dirt bikes, ATVS and scooters were traveling through the Providence-Worcester Railroad property. These individuals operating the dirt bikes were doing wheelies, speeding and operating them in an unsafe manner. The responding agencies set up a perimeter around the off road vehicles in an attempt to stop them and take them into custody. Officers commanded the drivers to stop. Many of these operators ignored all commands and tried to escape by weaving through police or abandoning their vehicles and attempting to flee on foot.

During the operation officers seized five dirt bikes, towed two motor vehicles and recovered three firearms.

Below is a list of individuals who have been arrested/charged:

De’Marion Fedal Safro, 19, of Laurel Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing.

Jordan Campos, 24, of 51 Great Brook Valley Ave., Worcester was charged with Trespassing, Resisting Arrest, and Disorderly Conduct.

Luis Valdez, 24, of 33 Cutler Street, was charged with Trespassing.

Geovani Kevllier, 21, of 4 Montrose Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing

Crystyyna Lopez, 20, of 634 Grafton Street, Worcester was charged with Trespassing.
    I guess instead of asking if they like Bell vs Shoei vs Arai, or Fox vs Fly, i should ask if they prefer Glock vs S&W vs Sig.

Last edited by backinthesaddle; 08-30-21 at 03:14 PM.
    2013 ZX6R-636

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast