Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Autocross type club event for motorcycles?

Hi all, for those of you who aren't familiar with autocross, its nothing like motocross. The club i run with, BMWCCA, sets up a very technical course in cones on an abandoned airstrip, and sets up timing equiptment etc, and everyone goes out on individual runs on the course for time... Now by very technical i mean the course is usually between .8 and 1.5 miles long from start to finish, and there are usually between 15 - 20 major turns in the course with things like slaloms thrown in for fun... now in the car there are several stretches of the course that i can get up to 100 or so MPH but the courses are designed to keep the speeds below these levels for 99% of the course, usually i average about 30 mph for the whole course. Anyhow, its great fun to take your car out there and put it through its paces in a very safe competative environment. Does ANYONE run this type of event for motorcycles? I think it would be amazingly MORE fun on a bike than in the car... just curious.

For a better description of what autocross is see: http://http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/.../autocross.asp and go to the events/autocross heading.

Chris

C

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by hohum; 08-27-02 at 08:11 AM.
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Yes there is, we call it NHIS.

Seriously, that would be fun. Call F1 of Boston and see if we can rent the track!?

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

I'm not sure if I would go for that, but a road rally, where you are trying to maintain a pace thru checkpoints, and I wouldn't mind a few dirt roads thrown in

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON