Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Bad decisions were made today..

Re: Bad decisions were made today..

Quote Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
    "...THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY POINT! I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU NOW AGREE WITH ME AFTER TAKING A MOMENT TO EDUCATE YOURSELF!"
    He was definitely a beauty! Short, thinning hair spiked straight up, smelled like he bathed in Axe. I shoulda stuck around to see if he finally oversold the kid he was talking to or if the kid realized he didn't know shit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

This thread f'ing rules. Thanks for posting the fab fab pics!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Jared
    ZX-4RR, Hyperstrada 821, ZX-6R (FS!), 701 E/SM (FS!)

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Tomorrow I pick the bike up from the fabrication shop that I had the coolant pipe made at. We had decided on making it two piece and connecting it with rubber hose. It was difficult to make as one piece and stay straight once welding it together. These are the pictures he sent me.

Attachment 59711

Attachment 59712

Attachment 59713
    Mark, I bet if he makes up a small batch of these you’d find some interest out there given the scarcity…. Awesome work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Mark, I bet if he makes up a small batch of these you’d find some interest out there given the scarcity…. Awesome work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He’s a young guy just starting out, the attention to detail and quality of work is impressive.

I would agree on making extras if this were a more common bike. With the R7 being so rare, I think it’s even more rare for someone to lose this particular coolant pipe. The original is made of low grade stainless, so they don’t corrode that fast either.

Same guy is supposed to make the Ohlins spacer as well.

Yamaha

How much longer till it runs/rides?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    How much longer till it runs/rides?
    To be able to ride it, I don’t know. I really need to figure something out for an airbox before I can take it for a ride. It’s unlikely I’ll be able to ride it this season.
    To start it and hear it run, probably as simple as filling the coolant, making a couple fuel line connections, and putting fuel in it and it should start.

It’s the airbox and the seat that are kinda killing my motivation on it. The seat I can always buy some of the foam padding used on race bikes until I find the original seat

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

Lifer

Your park avenue leads to..

Who did you sell your bike too? Maybe they'd be willing to pull their airbox so you can get it scanned and then 3D printed?

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Who did you sell your bike too? Maybe they'd be willing to pull their airbox so you can get it scanned and then 3D printed?
    The guy that bought mine, sold it a few years after buying it from me. The only person/company I know that has an R7, is iconic motorbikes. Their R7 has the YEC race airbox though.

Yamaha

Found a NOS zero gravity dark smoke double bubble for it, and new mounting hardware. I’m torn if I like the clear are dark smoke better?

Also found a seat. Just waiting on a shipping quote so I can pay for it, it’s coming from a Yamaha dealer in Croatia.

MBad decisions were made today..-img_6782-jpg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

So literally just the airbox now?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    So literally just the airbox now?

The air box is the only major part. I'm waiting on the fork spacers to be made, then I can order the front brake lines. I also have to order the front fender. I'm probably going to order the carbon fiber front fender for an RSV4, because I know it fits the fender mounts on the forks.

Yamaha

I like the smoke windscreen better, just because I think it helped with actually being able to see the gauges when riding in the day

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Wow, only 500 made!

gosh, I know the original intention is to get as close to stock as possible, but I always felt like smoke was an improvement. Just looks sharper. I’m voting for smoke!

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Wow, only 500 made!
    It is actually 510 if you want to get technical, but the first 10 were demo models. My current R7 is 000397, my first R7 was 000326

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    gosh, I know the original intention is to get as close to stock as possible, but I always felt like smoke was an improvement. Just looks sharper. I’m voting for smoke!
    I’m ok with mods, I just want the option for original. I have the original R7 screen, so I’m ok having the aftermarket smoked on it.

Yamaha

smoke windshield always looks best, but i'd go clear as this is a classic collector's restoration.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

The seat is on its way finally, coming from Croatia. The guy is also looking into some other parts on my list, fingers crossed

Bad decisions were made today..-img_6799-jpg

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

totally rad!! for some reason that popped up on my facebook - was that something you found in a group?

and uh, does it ride like a board? looks kinda firm

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    totally rad!! for some reason that popped up on my facebook - was that something you found in a group?

and uh, does it ride like a board? looks kinda firm
    If my memory is correct from my last R7, the seat has very little padding and is extremely firm.

I joined a couple FB groups a while ago, and that is how I’ve found a few parts, including the seat.

Yamaha

If my memory is correct from my last R7, the seat has very little padding and is extremely firm.
    I can confirm, the original R7 seat is very firm, kinda like plywood.
    On a good note, the seat arrived from Croatia.

Bad decisions were made today..-img_6841-jpg

The R1 airbox also arrived, but I don’t think it can be modified to fit. I may gable on the older 07/08 style R1 airbox from eBay, they sell for less than $50, so worth a shot I guess.

Yamaha

Lifer

I can remember a plain Jane 2005 cbr600rr seat being like plywood, surprised the R7 is t just plastic

Your park avenue leads to..

It’s been a while and I don’t have much to update. I had a minor set back with the coolant tube I had made. I was using the parts diagram from revzilla/partszilla when I had it made and it appeared the end had a simple plug and cap, so I had the guy just put a cap on it. The R7 service manual was a completely different picture, there’s a fan temperature sensor that screws into the end of the tube (#4 in the picture). I could probably get away without having the sensor hooked up, but again at the end of this, I want an original functioning R7. The guy that made the coolant tube is about a month out, but says it’s not an issue to fix it.

Bad decisions were made today..-img_6856-jpg

I have likely found the original R7 Ohlins fork lowers, and the original front fender. It’s just a waiting game to get them, the guy that has them, is swapping his R7 to radial brakes and his forks are currently at a shop in the UK.

Still no luck on an airbox. I bought a 2012 R1 airbox and a 2002 R1 airbox, both are way too small and will not fit the secondary shower injectors.

One of the spare fuel tanks I have, I have found out it’s a rare pre production tank. It has never been used, never had fuel in it, it was simply used as a mock up tank for an R71. I have a couple offers to buy it, I’m undecided if I want to sell it, or hold onto it. The offers are north of $5k, so it’s tempting.. but if I keep it, I feel the value will continue to go up. In all honestly, I’d trade it for an OEM airbox assembly, or a YEC kit airbox assembly.

Yamaha

It’s been a while and I don’t have much to update. I had a minor set back with the coolant tube I had made. I was using the parts diagram from revzilla/partszilla when I had it made and it appeared the end had a simple plug and cap, so I had the guy just put a cap on it. The R7 service manual was a completely different picture, there’s a fan temperature sensor that screws into the end of the tube (#4 in the picture). I could probably get away without having the sensor hooked up, but again at the end of this, I want an original functioning R7. The guy that made the coolant tube is about a month out, but says it’s not an issue to fix it.

Bad decisions were made today..-img_6856-jpg

I have likely found the original R7 Ohlins fork lowers, and the original front fender. It’s just a waiting game to get them, the guy that has them, is swapping his R7 to radial brakes and his forks are currently at a shop in the UK.

Still no luck on an airbox. I bought a 2012 R1 airbox and a 2002 R1 airbox, both are way too small and will not fit the secondary shower injectors.

One of the spare fuel tanks I have, I have found out it’s a rare pre production tank. It has never been used, never had fuel in it, it was simply used as a mock up tank for an R71. I have a couple offers to buy it, I’m undecided if I want to sell it, or hold onto it. The offers are north of $5k, so it’s tempting.. but if I keep it, I feel the value will continue to go up. In all honestly, I’d trade it for an OEM airbox assembly, or a YEC kit airbox assembly.
    Do you have that fan temperature sensor? If you have it and I can get the thread measured, I could fix that pretty quick.

Good luck with the airbox. Have you put it out there in the R7 world to let them know you're willing to trade that fuel tank for an airbox?

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    Do you have that fan temperature sensor? If you have it and I can get the thread measured, I could fix that pretty quick.

Good luck with the airbox. Have you put it out there in the R7 world to let them know you're willing to trade that fuel tank for an airbox?
    Yes, I have the sensor. That would be awesome.

I haven’t offered the tank as trade yet. I actually have 3 very valuable parts I’d offer for trade (not all 3 for the airbox).
    I have the tank, I have a YEC kit race radiator ($7,500 new), and I have a new full Akrapovic TI exhaust system ($3,500 new).
    If available, the air box assembly was less than $500 new.. lol

Yamaha