Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Of all the bad luck...

Unhappy Of all the bad luck...

I just can't seem to catch a break... today I managed to drop the bike while trying to manouver it into the shed I keep it in. Of course on the way down it hit a tree and now there's a fist-sized dent in the tank with a bunch of chipped off paint. I'm sooo pissed, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just gonna have to re-arange the area in fron tof the shed to make it easier to get the bike in. The way it is now, I have to get off the bike and pull it backwards, but if it gets leaned away from me it just pulls me over, I'm not tall enough to push it backwards very hard (if I stay on it), and I'm not a huge guy, so 550 lbs is more than I can pull up if it starts to go. damn. Guess it's time to start combing the boneyards for a blue and white tank form a 93--96 gixxer 750. argh.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Of all the bad luck...

that sucks, I'm a fairly big guy, and I cannot throw around my old XV920R, it weights about 505, now, my SV thats a differet story, feels like a trials bike in comparison.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Of all the bad luck...

it's wierd, my old honda weighed about 400 lbs wet. Now, 150lbs isn't a small difference, but I could EASILY push that bike around, it must have had to do with the proportions. It's MUCH harder to manouver the zook around. I'm looking into empireGP's tank repair stuff, but I kinda doubt it'll be worth it, I mean, I can ride it the way it is, so there's no big hurry, I can take my time searching for a new tank...

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Of all the bad luck...

I dented my zx -9 tank over the summer ....i sent it to empiregp.com they did a very good job fixing it...cheap money.check them out.

Blackout Window Tinting
    Chrome Plating
    339-223-0485

had a buddy drop mine at a party

he sat on it i told him watch out its not light he said its not that bad just bfoe he dropped felt like punching him in the face but nothing but one more scrach arrrrrggggggg

Of all the bad luck...

keepitreal, how much did it cost to fix your tank? just ballpark... like $200-250?

Of all the bad luck...

Heard of a guy from a Ducati list that does excellent work at very reasonable prices. Here's his info:

Norman Brown: motomaxy@yahoo.com

Good luck!
    -Jack

'02 Duc MS4
    "Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter-Accusations"