Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Balance Bikes

Re: Balance Bikes

Slapped my Calvin on the bike last night. And for not quite a year old and not really walking, he was rocking it. For about 2 feet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Balance Bikes-dcc48493-a924-4066-b239-467651ab56f6  

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Had a Strider bike donated to me, Calvin was obsessed with it from about 14 months old but couldn't quite ride it. When he could, he started wailing and crying when we went near it. Turns out he was scared. Crouched down with him and said he could just stand and hold it. Then started with itsy bitsy baby steps... before I knew it he was off. That was last year, and he couldn't really get farther than a block or two down the sidewalk. Been back out since spring and he's usually on it 2-4x / week, can now make full loops of our neighborhood and get himself up and down hills. Not much for offloading since they have to be walked, but he loves to drive on the lawn with it and "crash" every once in a while. He's starting to really pick up speed and play with holding his feet up, balancing and leaning a bit. He's turning 3 in July for reference.

Huge success and he loves it, will be interesting to see how he progresses to pedals and/or a throttle. They now have e-Bike strider-bikes with throttles in the UK. Pretty dope.
    You have a kid? You and straynut?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

On a sad side note, sold my Xtrainer... haven't had a lick of time to ride it.... buuut I do see some electric Trials bikes in our future. Plenty of places around town we could ride in and not bother anyone w/o the noise.... I really dig the Electric Motion (EM) bikes, and hear good things about the Ossa's. The new Cake seems to be a blur between MTB, dirtbike, and trials. Really curious how that thing rides being only 150 lbs! Oh and here's the kicker for those of us stuck in the city... they've got a street legal one now.

Last edited by scottieducati; 04-18-19 at 12:48 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

This thing is mean

Balance Bikes-20190422_205649-jpg

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I approve of the color.
    Needs a 782 sticker..

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati;1545671[URL="https://e-bikerumor.com/2018/09/19/review-killing-it-with-silence-on-the-cake-kalk-now-production-ready-e-moto/"
    The new Cake seems to be a blur between MTB, dirtbike, and trials[/URL]
    Are you saying you'd ride the Kalk if opportunity presented itself?

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

first time i rode a motorbike i hit wot and drove directly into a ditch as i wasnt instructed on the use of the brakes (if i needed them, my fault i should have asked), did i have fun? oh yeah , happiest day of my life....still obsessed but understand the machines and do what they ask (maintenance) in hopes they will do i ask....do they? always unless my request is beyond their ability to deliver....doh why is it always my fault? if children wanna ride teach em young....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12