Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tires, heat cycles, tread depth..

I have a set of Dunlop 208s on my bike with about 800 miles... I plan on going to the Apr. 26th trackday but I'm kind of worried about how much tread depth I'll need to pass the tech inspection.. If I'm above the wear indicator am I ok???

And about heat cycles.. I've heard heat cycles can cause the rubber to degrade and ruin the tires ability to hold the road.. is this something I should be concerned about if I commute on the bike and want to take it to a track day on the same set of tires???

Trying to be budget minded here, since tires aren't cheap and I probably won't be able to get a new set before the 26th. So I didn't know if I'd have to cut back on riding some till then to keep miles/heat cycles down... I estimate that I'd probably put another 2500 miles on the tires before Apr. 26th...

Whatta y'all think?

Thanks

-F

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

If they are above the wear marks and not dry rotted you are probably alright. Street tires are designed to endure countless heat cycles. If the tires don't turn blue over nigt you probably haven't over heated them..

G-man

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gerard