Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Battery question

Battery question

Just took my bike outta hybernation and went riding 2 days ago when it was like 55 degrees out. Unfortunatley, Temps dropped and were getting smacked with a winter ice/snow storm in n.y. SHould I pull the batt. back outta my bike and bring it inside for the next week or so untill it gets back into the 40's/ 50's?? Just trying to get the most life out of my Battery. Im feeling kinda lazy though. Will it really matter if I just leave it in. or should I bring it back inside?? Thanks Guys

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Battery question

For the love of god, just leave it in the bike. 2 weeks ago I was starting my bike in 0 degree temps. I think you'll get by with the "bitter temps" of 30's and 40's.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Battery question

stop worrying about it. when i put my bike in the garage in december i just pulled it out because i was planning on putting a new one in because its the original one from 2002 this is the first winter i have owned this bike and my friend never took the battery out, just jumped it in the spring. so yesterday i didn't have my new battery yet and wanted to start my bike. i threw the old one in and it fired wright up! so what the hell ill keep the old one and save the $70!

so i say screw you to all the guys who pull the battery and put it on trickle charge all winter, cause hell the battery is 6 years old and has NEVER been trickle charged and works fine!

~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Battery question

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    stop worrying about it. when i put my bike in the garage in december i just pulled it out because i was planning on putting a new one in because its the original one from 2002 this is the first winter i have owned this bike and my friend never took the battery out, just jumped it in the spring. so yesterday i didn't have my new battery yet and wanted to start my bike. i threw the old one in and it fired wright up! so what the hell ill keep the old one and save the $70!

so i say screw you to all the guys who pull the battery and put it on trickle charge all winter, cause hell the battery is 6 years old and has NEVER been trickle charged and works fine!

x2 My 2003 Kawi I just bought still has the stock battery in it. It sat from Thanksgiving till the end of January with no trickle charger, outside in a barn. Fired right up after 2 cranks in 0 degree weather after having sat for 2 months.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Battery question

1998 Superhawk roiginal battery. I also have hand warmers that I have left on no less that 5 times killing the battery D E A D.

Charge her up and viola' still working like a charm!!!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Battery question

and then you will ride approx 100 miles from home and be stranded. ask me how I know (or badboybilly).

regardless of whether you put the charger on or not, if the batt is old it's most likely gonna die soon. And as murphy's law dictates, it will be at a very inconvenient time.

Battery question

Quote Originally Posted by Punjistick View Post
    and then you will ride approx 100 miles from home and be stranded. ask me how I know (or badboybilly).

regardless of whether you put the charger on or not, if the batt is old it's most likely gonna die soon. And as murphy's law dictates, it will be at a very inconvenient time.

you must not have read the first paragraph? put the battery in after sitting on a cold cement floor for 3 mounths and fire WRIGHT up, no struggling, no hesitation, started up. it also needed to crack longer to re plumb the carbs!

so thanks for the advice, but im gonna role the dice on this one

Battery question

oh yeah, and i knew sukuzi's sucked...but damn new batteries on two different brand new 750s sorry to hear that guys

Battery question

Do you bring your car battery in every time it gets cold?

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Battery question

for crying out loud! invest in a "Battery Tender." it has a quick disconnect lead so you won't have to take the battery out. a charged battery won't freeze. if it's a "gel" battery you won't have to worry about it. if it's a lead/acid you'll still have to periodically keep an eye on the fluid level. the Tender will keep the battery charged without "boiling" it like a trickle charger will eventually do. the Tender goes into a float stage when the battery's charged. i sell a ton of these every year. it's a smart investment.

can't we all just get along? the snake. ssssss!

Battery question

What's the battery model number/size?

It's probably completely junk now... and to save you the money from disposal fees... I'll take it off your hands.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Battery question

you must not have read the first paragraph? put the battery in after sitting on a cold cement floor for 3 mounths and fire WRIGHT up, no struggling, no hesitation, started up. it also needed to crack longer to re plumb the carbs!

so thanks for the advice, but im gonna role the dice on this one
    My 5 year old battery started right up too. I drove from my house to the Dedham area stopped for food, and left for hampton beach with Billy. After dinner it started right up, no problem whatsoever. But when it got time to leave hampton beach the battery was junk. I then paid $75 for a guy to jump it and made it less than 100' down the road. By this time it was about 12:30am and I had to wait outside until 3am until I could get someone to come up with a truck.

If you want to roll the dice fine by me. Hopefully what happened to me will not happen to you. But I'll be buying a new battery every 5 years regardless of it starts right up.

Battery question

Vibration causes accumulated deposits to fall to the bottom

when the deposits have piled up enough the debris shorts out the bottom of the plates goes from good to dead in an instant

Its a classic for a battery that sat or was drawn down dead

So if you think you have this problem take a ride and don't stop till your home

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Battery question

Quote Originally Posted by Punjistick View Post
    My 5 year old battery started right up too. I drove from my house to the Dedham area stopped for food, and left for hampton beach with Billy. After dinner it started right up, no problem whatsoever. But when it got time to leave hampton beach the battery was junk. I then paid $75 for a guy to jump it and made it less than 100' down the road. By this time it was about 12:30am and I had to wait outside until 3am until I could get someone to come up with a truck.

If you want to roll the dice fine by me. Hopefully what happened to me will not happen to you. But I'll be buying a new battery every 5 years regardless of it starts right up.

that does suck, and i don't seem like the battery would go from good to dead just that quik. and also you should learn how to pop star your bike, i could save you a couple bucks

Battery question

FI bikes will not run if you have a dead battery

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Battery question

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    FI bikes will not run if you have a dead battery
    exactly why I only made it less than 100 feet down the road

Battery question

B A T T E R Y T E N D E R!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't we all just get along? the snake. ssssss!

Battery question

that does suck, and i don't seem like the battery would go from good to dead just that quik. and also you should learn how to pop star your bike, i could save you a couple bucks

Try a little experiment ....

Take your battery out (same thing as a dead battery ... right?)

Now "pop start" your bike and see if you can keep it running.

If you got fuel injection or your bike is less than ten years old,

it won't run ... period.

BTW .... this is hilarious .... you put over three grand on that bike and you
    won't put 60 bucks on a battery.