Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Battery Tender ?

Battery Tender ?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e=UTF8&seller=

Any reason why this would be bad/wouldn't work on a bike battery? For $15 new it's a pretty good deal I think.

It would be nice to have another charger around so I don't have to keep moving my one and only charger from bike to bike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just Registered

Battery Tender ?

your link is for a 60$ charger.

But in any event I have a 17$ charger I bought at walmart that is a 'floating charger' that worls really well for maintaining batts. It is a schumacher as well.

Battery Tender ?

Well i am nervous

Constant charge USED to boil the water off and kill a battery

I think tenders actually shut off completely then periodically charge then shut off again.

Float chargers I believe are put on and then you don't have to watch them but can shut them off tomorrow not in March

My floats are the cheapies I get from harbor freight on sale for $8

I have a tender on my drz because I have fear of battery failure in a swamp. Other wise I just charge them once a month

You should own a real charger for when they are dead or low.

Note for long battery life 1 amp charge for a day before you install a battery

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Battery Tender ?

Originally posted by richw
    Well i am nervous

Constant charge USED to boil the water off and kill a battery

I think tenders actually shut off completely then periodically charge then shut off again.

Float chargers I believe are put on and then you don't have to watch them but can shut them off tomorrow not in March

My floats are the cheapies I get from harbor freight on sale for $8

I have a tender on my drz because I have fear of battery failure in a swamp. Other wise I just charge them once a month

You should own a real charger for when they are dead or low.

Note for long battery life 1 amp charge for a day before you install a battery
    Anytime my bike is not going to be ridden for over a week, I just
    put the battery tender on.

Deep cycles repeatedly shortens the life of the battery by sulfating the plates. (keeping your lights on and then doing a full charge)

The type of battery in our cars and bikes last a long time when
    you minimize the big bumps in their life cycle.

Battery Tender ?

Ive' never needed to put a constant charge on my batteries. I've been storing cars and bikes for years, I just take the battery out and put it in a somewhat warm and dry place, and in the spring charge it to full and I am all set. None of my batteries have lasted les than 6 years, and I haven't had any problems with them not holding a charge in the middle or end of the year.

Battery Tender ?

I actually have a frozen, yes frozen battery that I am going to thaw and then charge up. Let's see how it works out. When a battery drops below like 8 volts it will freeze solid. Or if the specific gravity in the electrolite drops down it will also freeze.

Any charger that has an auto shut off when full charge feature is good. Then when it's charged it will shut off till it drops down again then the charger kicks on.

60 bucks isn't a bad price for a charger. Hessogood ran over a battery charger that i acquired and bought me a new one I think he paid 79 bucks?

I also have a battery tender for the CRF cuz it's got a tiny battery and will dies in about 20 cranks of the engine. Got it at Wally World for like 15 bucks. It will charge a battery from dead to full charge in about 12 to 14 hours and maintian the charge.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Battery Tender ?

wow! the price quadrupled over night. It was $15. I guess I'll pick the $17 one up a walmart, even though I don't like giving them my money.

On a side note, I think people should go rent and watch Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices. A lot of it is opinion but they do have some facts that make walmart look really bad.

Also go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
    and watch Frontlines program on walmart which is much better.

People like to buy stuff dirt cheap but it's costing us in the long run. End of rant.

Just Registered

Battery Tender ?

[i]People like to buy stuff dirt cheap but it's costing us in the long run. End of rant.
    I still think they should do a show on other department stores to see what they are doing so differently (very little) before they bang walmart for it.

Not arguing they aren't somewhat whacked, but there is alot of other bullshit that goes on that people just don't have the awareness of because that particular organization isn't already under the spotlight, or it just puts different names on things.

Just Registered

Battery Tender ?

Originally posted by Punjistick
    wow! the price quadrupled over night. It was $15. I guess I'll pick the $17 one up a walmart,
    Yeah Amazon likes to do this sometimes without notice, I thought it was only on stuff I wanted though

sounds like rmbbikes has the same one...I use mine on my CRF also for the exact same reason and it's worked very well. 17$ and it comes with pigtails that will even work with a battery tender...hmm. But it is a float mode .5/1a charger.