Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Is it worth it for me to spend the extra money for a normal Battery Tender? Or can I be cheap and just get a Battery Tender Jr.?

TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    --HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Lifer

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Battery Tender Jr. has been working great for me for 3 years now...

I think all you get out of the big one is the ability to use it on a car battery and/or different voltage settings. The Junior model is the right voltage for a bike.

BTW you should be able to get the junior for $20-30 if you're lucky.

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Because I'm stupid/too lazy too look it up, do I need the 6V or 12V version?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

You will need two 6v ones.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Originally posted by HBerry
    Because I'm stupid/too lazy too look it up, do I need the 6V or 12V version?
    12v...all cars and bikes are 12v...only like older VW bugs etc..are 6v...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

arizona motorsports http://www.azmotorsports.com/
    is selling the battery tender jr for $19.95 so we just picked up a couple. not sure how well they work yet but i'm sure they're fine.

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

It was explained to me by the parts guy at my dealer that the Battery Tender Junior is intended for bikes, and the Battery Tender (Original) is intended for cars.

I've been using the Battery Tender Junior for over a year now. Most will suggest to pull the battery out of the bike and hook it up to the Battery Tender for the winter, but I've had great luck with simply installing the Battery Tender wiring directly to the terminals with the battery still installed in the bike. That way, if I don't ride for a few weeks, my battery will be fully charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

I've used a BT Jr. for 3 years now and they work great. I just plug it in when it's going to sit for more than a couple weeks. So far, so good.

-Matt

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

MY DRZ 400 is on a battery tender junior as I fear being in a swamp with no kick starter

However I am trying red chinese technology

Harbor frieght has float charger for
    $ 7.50

I have 4 batteries to season over so ain't spending $130 for battery tenders

Also ultracheap has worked fine for 4 years. Security light timer and 1 amp charger (no purchase required) I set it up to charge YZF battery for 15 minutes everyday

PS In case its lost in grandpa stories If you charge a brand new battery with a 1 amp charge for a day before using it you will almost double its life. This is as opposed to slapping it in a vehicle and driving off. A high initial charge is supposed to damage the plate surfaces

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Originally posted by richw
    CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

MY DRZ 400 is on a battery tender junior as I fear being in a swamp with no kick starter

However I am trying red chinese technology

Harbor frieght has float charger for
    $ 7.50

I have 4 batteries to season over so ain't spending $130 for battery tenders

Also ultracheap has worked fine for 4 years. Security light timer and 1 amp charger (no purchase required) I set it up to charge YZF battery for 15 minutes everyday

PS In case its lost in grandpa stories If you charge a brand new battery with a 1 amp charge for a day before using it you will almost double its life. This is as opposed to slapping it in a vehicle and driving off. A high initial charge is supposed to damage the plate surfaces
    Right on.

I bought a BTJr. at VIP for $16.95 (before these words of wisdom were bestowed upon us).

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Well I picked one up for 26.50 shipped following patricia929 advice. It should hopefully be here next week and I can throw my battery on the charger for the winter. Do any of you have the SAE connection hooked directly up to your battery and you leave it in there year round. If so where did you mount the SAE connection so it doesnt flop around when you ride?

--HBerry

LRRS# 285 - Retired
    04 ZX-6R
    88 EX500 - Broke

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Do any of you have the SAE connection hooked directly up to your battery and you leave it in there year round. If so where did you mount the SAE connection so it doesnt flop around when you ride?

My BT Jr connector is direct to the battery with a 25 amp fuse on it. It sits under my seat in that "storage compartment" (year round) that is only big enough to hold a pack of smokes.

-Matt

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Do any of you have the SAE connection hooked directly up to your battery and you leave it in there year round. If so where did you mount the SAE connection so it doesnt flop around when you ride?
    As I stated before, I always leave the connector on my battery. It is a fairly short cable (Maybe a foot long or so). On my 996S, the battery was on the right side, just behind the vent in the plastic, so when I wasn't using the connector, I would just stuff it in between the plastic and the battery, and when using it, I would pull it out of the vent and plug it in.

On my current bike, the battery is under the gas tank. I left most of the cable slack in a small area above the battery, and ran the cable down the frame to just above the clutch housing and this works great for me because the bike already has rubber ties on the frame to hold all of its wiring neatly. I just ran the battery tender cable through these rubber wire stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

I have a coupla automatic chargers that I use for everything. Paid like, $20 each at some McAutoparts chain. One of 'em I've had for years, the other is just a coupla years old. During the summer, I keep one permanently connected to my RV's auxilary battery. During the winter, I have the RV's batteries (the main one too), the Corvette battery, and the bikes' batteries (boat too, when we had it) alternating on 'em. Once in a while, I'll toss a charge on the big truck if it's really cold and it hasn't been driven in a while...

I've had outstanding results. I hafta replace the RV's battery every 2-3 years, but the rest have held up well. My bike's still got it's original battery, the truck's is about 5 years old, replaced the Corvette's when we bought it 3 years ago, the main battery in the RV was in it when we bought it 2 years ago...

The Battery Tenders used to be kinda silly priced, which is why I went with the basic automatic chargers...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Battery Tender Vs BT Jr.

Frugel me
    frugel me

I applaud your value

:hellyea:

Glen Beck is John the Baptist