Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Beware riding around Boston at this time

Beware riding around Boston at this time

I on a daily basis I ride all around the Boston area for work and all I've got to say is be on alert. The warmer weather has begun and when people get out of work its mayhem. I drive a van that is not as agile as a car so I notice how fast people drive and the poor decisions they make. I've also gave a close look how vindictive people are in traffic swerving infront of others to swerve in front of the person who did the same to them. Its so rediculous I feel like a superior figure at a daycare monitering bad behavior. It accually makes me so pissed off I almost want to almost join them. Be extra careful for the next month or 2 as drivers arn't use to checking their blind spot yet and the psycho's that hate you because your haveing fun while being in their way.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Re: Beware riding around Boston at this time

Fridays are the worst in general... spring makes it even worse.

That is a good tip. I used to ride to school in the city all the time, and it was a mad house once the weather got better. I'd give people a month to return to normal (read: still piss-poor drivers)

I ride my bike to Boston every morning to go to work. Afternoons are def. worse. I probably got cut-off about 4 times today and had the person in front of me slam on their brakes for no reason. Be careful everyone.

Rotaries are the worst. A guy actually flipped me off for not yielding the right of way the other day. I wonder how many drivers actually know the rules. I go through at least 3 rotaries on the way to work in almost every single day I see someone yield when they shouldn't and vice-versa. I guess the big red/white upside-down triangle isn't enough, perhaps we should have trained enforcement officers standing in the middle of the rotaries with paintball guns tagging the offenders so they can be ticketed later...sign me up for the 4-6pm shift

Ed
    2001 Ducati ST2

Quote Originally Posted by evile View Post
    Rotaries are the worst. A guy actually flipped me off for not yielding the right of way the other day. I wonder how many drivers actually know the rules. I go through at least 3 rotaries on the way to work in almost every single day I see someone yield when they shouldn't and vice-versa. I guess the big red/white upside-down triangle isn't enough, perhaps we should have trained enforcement officers standing in the middle of the rotaries with paintball guns tagging the offenders so they can be ticketed later...sign me up for the 4-6pm shift
    I hate it when people do not yield to the right of way. And I hate it when people don't use directionals either. Shoot'em all down.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by evile View Post
    best idea I've ever heard, you can schedule me for the afternoon rush-hour shift. I ride 110/113 along the river from Lowell up to the rotary in Methuen several times a week and have to deal with all the idiots coming out of Lawrence trying to merge into the rotary. Being on the bike, they just don't give a shit about yielding. They pump the brakes enough to make their brake lights come on (apparently that suffices as a yield), stare me directly in the eyes, then dart in front of me... never fails. Damn cages!

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

Hey guys/gals
    I got into my accident in boston because a trash truck didnt see me. Stay safe and approach intersectios with caution!

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

shit! you ok?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

first ride today from Arlinton to Boston. Almost got hit twice by idiot drivers.

If my car/van/bike could shoot missles at people that don't yield properly at rotary's, the government would have to raise taxes to afford me.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    shit! you ok?
    +1 How are you? I think I saw your bike at Scotty's house.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Eh they don't call us Massholes for nothing

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

Quote Originally Posted by ahtune69 View Post
    Eh they don't call us Massholes for nothing
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nilez View Post
    best idea I've ever heard, you can schedule me for the afternoon rush-hour shift. I ride 110/113 along the river from Lowell up to the rotary in Methuen several times a week and have to deal with all the idiots coming out of Lawrence trying to merge into the rotary. Being on the bike, they just don't give a shit about yielding. They pump the brakes enough to make their brake lights come on (apparently that suffices as a yield), stare me directly in the eyes, then dart in front of me... never fails. Damn cages!
    I drive thru two rotaries each way to work and people around here are terrible. My favorite is when they dont even look, like its ok they're not yielding to you because they decided to ignore you instead.

+1 on riding around boston there are so many a holes that dont know how to drive. Storrow drive at almost anytime of day is basically a race track.