Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bicycle hooliganism?

Question Bicycle hooliganism?

Found this vid watching the races someone just posted up..

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=3072802822198659666"> </embed>

It's a bike race through NYC.. blowing red lights and what not. Haven't watched all the way through.. maybe someone will get mauled by a cage though.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bicycle hooliganism?

That is awesome. One grabbed a car and took off. Not one person jumped out of the crosswalk nor did any cars budge. amazing.

"Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them"

Bicycle hooliganism?

crazy bastids

Bicycle hooliganism?

The guy in the begining is a bicycle courier in Boston as are a few others in that Video.

If any of you work downtown you will see him around. He's always wearing ear phones.

Those are courier racer held all over the country. San Fran, NYC, Boston, Austin.

Basically tests your knowledge of the streets and shit get from a to b as fast as you can. Win cash.

As fat as I am now you'd never know it but I was a courier in boston for a year and a half. It was a cool job. Got me in great shape. I was down to 220 and in great shape. Now I'm 250ish and fat and out of shape.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Bicycle hooliganism?

KB, get another bike and i'll ride with you. we'll race through downtown.

Bicycle hooliganism?

That was rather awesome.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Lifer

Bicycle hooliganism?

Plenty of that in Boston especially around Somerville.

There is a midnight race in/near davis square on a regular basis.

There is also a pretty big bicycle "chopper" group in Boston and they tend to have more original ideas then 90% of the motorcycle chopper guys.

Boston's probably got better bike culture then NYC actually. NY has (real) racing every weekend in Central park and one chi-chi mountain bike manufacturer, Boston has 3-4 manufacturers at least and tons more racing in the immediate area.

The hardest core guy in that video is the dude at the end with his hands on the handlebars on the bridge.. I've got a bike like that one.. no coasting. Going down big hills is freaky. You either do what he was doing or pedal really f*cking fast. I'm actually trying to get rid of it cause it gets kind of old going downhill on it and not being able to coast gets kind of nasty on your knees & butt after a while.

Bicycle hooliganism?

^ I was wondering why those pedals were moving while the guy was coasting. After watching this vid I guess sportbikes are not the only ones to get a bad rep for lane splitting.

Bicycle hooliganism?

ugh...that video brings back some memories of me commuting on a bicycle in boston...when you're late, and cars are stuck in traffic, it's amazing what you can do with CRAZY lane splitting/sidwalk jumping. It requires a lot of focus and awareness.

It makes you feel like ghostrider though

Re: Bicycle hooliganism?

Originally posted by bump909
    It's a bike race through NYC.. blowing red lights and what not. Haven't watched all the way through.. maybe someone will get mauled by a cage though.
    Nope, no cage maulings. I have the full 20 minute video of this race stored on my hard drive at home. They all make it with all body parts and bike parts intact. Insane though.

see ya,
    DJD

Bicycle hooliganism?

That was really cool to watch. Almost made me want to take the "other" bike out.

Bicycle hooliganism?

Originally posted by benVFR
    Plenty of that in Boston especially around Somerville.

There is a midnight race in/near davis square on a regular basis.

There is also a pretty big bicycle "chopper" group in Boston and they tend to have more original ideas then 90% of the motorcycle chopper guys.

scul, dude

Lifer

Bicycle hooliganism?

Grey's anatomy had an episode involving something like that. Looks like stupid fun.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Bicycle hooliganism?

i bet it would be more fun on tards.

Lifer

Bicycle hooliganism?

i bet it would be more fun on tards.
    I think....yup, that's a plan.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Bicycle hooliganism?

that was cool !

That's how i learned to lane split, seriously.

I used to work for Can Carriers in NYC as a teenager. Called Can Carriers because bicycles would run the film dailies from the film processors to the movie studios, express delivery. Those cans of motion picture film aren't light ! The best jobs were running little envelopes a couple of blocks.

The hardest way to make a lousy 70 bucks in a day, I tell you.

There were at least 4-5 plaques on the office wall for riders that had died.

Bicycle hooliganism?

Yeah a good week was 250 bucks.........just enough to pay the rent get a 6 pack and a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Bicycle hooliganism?

I am sorry but a bunch of a-holes. Very skilled ones, but nontheless a-holes. They put a lot of people who are not interested in their race at risk.

Make that same movie but with guys on superbikes wearing brain buckets and with Ja Rule for a sound track, and there would be a thread 30 pages long saying what a bunch of squids, yadda yadda.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Bicycle hooliganism?

Yup, that older black dude at beginning is a Boston messenger. He's a long hauler, will take the jobs lots of other guys won't. Rides out into the suburbs and shit. Lives with his mom (no joke) and smokes about 10lbs of bud a day.

Vid is cool, but I lived (have lived) in Boston for 8 years. That's the only way to ride around a city, except my crew and I add in stairs and gaps since we aren't on road/courier bikes

Boston --> San Diego

Bicycle hooliganism?

are there any boston hooliganism videos?

Bicycle hooliganism?

Originally posted by ancosta
    I am sorry but a bunch of a-holes. Very skilled ones, but nontheless a-holes. They put a lot of people who are not interested in their race at risk.

Make that same movie but with guys on superbikes wearing brain buckets and with Ja Rule for a sound track, and there would be a thread 30 pages long saying what a bunch of squids, yadda yadda.
    well, there's a difference with getting hit by a guy on a 20lb bicycle and a guy on a 400lb motorcycle going twice as fast.

Bicycle hooliganism?

well, there's a difference with getting hit by a guy on a 20lb bicycle and a guy on a 400lb motorcycle going twice as fast.
    Yes - the difference is the machine not the neglect for other people's safety. You might not kill the person if you strike them with the bicycle, but who cares its all for fun, right?

Tell me you get a call from your mom, wife, gf, friend, etc. and they tell you that they almost got clipped by some momo riding up the street the wrong way, your first thought is or is not that the rider wasn't a total ass?

Again super skilled ppl and hooligan video has its own aura of coolness but my original point being that those guys make bicycle riders look like jerks.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650