Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

motorcycle shipping ?

motorcycle shipping ?

So kinda big news, got offered a job out in Las Vegas, flew out last week to check it out, liked everything (of course) and I leave monday for Vegas. I Bought a new truck and my hopes were to be able to fit all my stuff in the cab (its and extended cab f350) and put my bike in the bed, but as i pack i realize how much stuff i actually have thats coming with me, and putting the bike in the bed seems less and less possible. I looked into renting a trailer, and its a possibility, but im also looking into having it shipped, just wondering if anyone has experience with motorcycle shipping companies.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: motorcycle shipping ?

Shipped with these guys many times. Never had an issue.

http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a $300 brand new small trailer. If you don't want to keep it, put it on Las Vegas craigslist for $250 and youve moved your bike for $50. Rentals are huge rip offs. Even if you slurge you can get a good little trailer there for $500, and sell for $400.

Miss on you pister, go back off in your own jackyard! No ,I'm dot nyxlesic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs182 View Post
    Go to Harbor Freight and buy a $300 brand new small trailer. If you don't want to keep it, put it on Las Vegas craigslist for $250 and youve moved your bike for $50. Rentals are huge rip offs. Even if you slurge you can get a good little trailer there for $500, and sell for $400.
    only problem with that is that i have to pay to register the trailer for a 5 day haul, and the fact that i have 3 days to pack, finish the rebuild on my mustang engine and get that together (that will get shipped later, once i have a garage) pick up my new truck, and a ton of minor stuff, chances of getting to the dmv are slim. but it is possible.

I don't about MA but in NY, it's dirt cheap to register. See if a friend will register and then sign it over to you. Personally, I would just run it without plates. Your truck covers the insurance and in the strange event you do get pulled over tell them that you didnt make it to DMV on time and had to go. I doubt they would ticket you and if they did the ticket for an unregistered trailer is peanuts, and definitely less than paying shipping. good luck man!

Miss on you pister, go back off in your own jackyard! No ,I'm dot nyxlesic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 05sonic3valve View Post
    only problem with that is that i have to pay to register the trailer for a 5 day haul, and the fact that i have 3 days to pack, finish the rebuild on my mustang engine and get that together (that will get shipped later, once i have a garage) pick up my new truck, and a ton of minor stuff, chances of getting to the dmv are slim. but it is possible.
    if the payment isn't an issue, i know liberty mutual has RMV runners for like $15, maybe your insurance offers a similar deal, as the bigger pain for me would be going down to the RMV and waiting.