Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

New Bike

Re: New Bike

You may be interested in seeing what the Twisted Throttle V-Srrom bike has on it.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post

When the first trip to Twisted Throttle?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

All I have to say about that "project bike" is - Wow. I already have some of the expensive stuff - the racks and boxes, and the crash guards. I also have hand guards, but they do not have the aluminum back bones. They are just for wind protection. I also have the standard "touring" windshield, but the TT one looks larger. I do not think that I will be looking at more lighting, but we will see (or not). The only things that I am really interested in are the skid plate, a center stand, and the front fender extender and rear hugger ($$!). The quick clip on tank bag looks neat, though, so I may be interested in that as well. At some point, my wife is going to question my sanity, or maybe wonder if I am going to hit the road, and never come back!
    I should have another 2 months or so to get the bike into shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
    You may be interested in seeing what the Twisted Throttle V-Srrom bike has on it.
    Looks totally boss, but how much additional weight?

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

It is finally home:

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Looks great Greg. Did you have to ride it home in the slop?

Jeff

Lifer

The new '12+ bikes really do look so much better than my '11. The plastic looks 100x better and higher quality.

The factory crash guard looks sleeker than my aftermarket givi bars too. I hadn't seen those yet.
    And I dig the luggage.

Decent looking motorcycle. And for a V-Strom, that's saying something!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    The new '12+ bikes really do look so much better than my '11. The plastic looks 100x better and higher quality.

The factory crash guard looks sleeker than my aftermarket givi bars too. I hadn't seen those yet.
    And I dig the luggage.

Decent looking motorcycle. And for a V-Strom, that's saying something!

It's actually pretty sexy.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

GearHD - No, I pansied out and trucked it home. I had thought about jumping work yesterday to go ride it home in the 50 degree temps we had, but I just shivered at the thought of all of that salt getting on the aluminum and fasteners right away. The sand I don't mind. The OEM top case is indeed made by SW Motech, and, just like all of the reviews say, the lock mechanisms are finicky. Hopefully, they will loosen up with time. If not, I will be replacing them with higher quality locks. Also, an XL full face helmet fits in the top case, but not in either side bag. I don't like that, as I really wanted the ability to store 2 full face helmets. I also have the OEM top case back rest pad, which is really kind of small, but straddles the top corner of the top case. I have not screwed it on yet. We will take a few rides on it first, and see if it is needed, or if the top case needs to move back a few inches.
    The suspension feels nice and taut/stiff, but I am sure that it will break in quickly. I intend to get a fork brace, a fenda-extenda, and a skid plate very quickly. The bike looks naked without something in place of the *$320* plastic lower cowl. I hope to own this bike for quite a while, so I may as well spend the money now, and get some value/time out of the extra's. Fork Emulators or Intiminators would be nice to get soon as well....

Lifer

Best middleweight-half-naked-sport-tourer evah.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I don't blame you for trucking it home. I would have done the same. I actually got stuck in a major thunderstorm which included hail when I picked my Tiger up in NH. I was able to seek shelter under an overhang at a plaza. Great way to start out!

Jeff

Look at Murph kits web site

and

ricor front fork valves

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234