Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bike accident in Harvard Sq.

I dont think anything could suck more then following behind someone you are riding with and watching some jackass in a car not look and T-bone the bike in front of you. Oh wait it sucks even more if the bike in front of you is your brother. Yesterday we were riding through Harvard sq. and some guy coming off of JFK decided not to look and the next thing I saw was him hitting my brother, I swerved to avoid the car which was now in front of me, somehow got around it, put my kickstand down and jumped off my bike to see if my brother was all right, the bike pretty much slid 30 feet, and he slid about 15 feet, he was not that hurt, tried to get up but I kept him sitting and then the police showed up. The guy that hit him then told some bystander that it was not his fault and that it was my brothers, I wanted to smack him sooooo bad especially with the carbon fiber gloves on a nice punch in the mouth would have done him some good. Anyways my brother is alright, a fractured elbow, sprained ankle, a little rash but the bike I am pretty sure is totalled. For everyone reading this, be careful, you can be just riding along and cagers dont look and you are the one that gets hurt. Keep the shiny side up!!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Arguing on the internet is like winning a gold medal in the special olympics......whether you win or lose you are still retarded!

Why is it that so many cages that are involved in m/c accidents almost always announce, "...it wasn't MY fault..."???

Hope he heals well...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Damn... glad to hear your brother will be ok.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Hope your brother heals up quick.

Make sure he takes his medication......

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

I Dance With Will

sorry about your bro. hope he gets well quick. my banged up knee is doing pretty good from couple of weeks ago low speed slide.

im interested to know what the police report said.

"fuckit!"

The police report said something like this (my brother is a police officer in cambridge!!!!).....so I think the wording was

CAGE......AT FAULT!!!......it would have said that no matter what...but it was the truth this time!

Arguing on the internet is like winning a gold medal in the special olympics......whether you win or lose you are still retarded!

Sorry to hear about your brother and traumatic experience. Here is to a speedy recovery...

Only thing worse would be in your brothers shoes and be the one getting T-Boned.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....t-bone......

hope he gets betta soon

Littering and........

You are to be commended for not smacking the piss out of the cage driver.

Hope you brother gets better soon.

That sucks!
    Hope he's better soon!
    Damn, the cager hit a cop? He is SO fucked!!!

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

damn!

VERY happy he's OK. Thought's and prayer's for a speedy healing process! Make sure he takes that cager for all he's fuggin worth...

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Littering and........

Re: damn!

Originally posted by gixxer6
    VERY happy he's OK. Thought's and prayer's for a speedy healing process! Make sure he takes that cager for all he's fuggin worth...
    Speaking of taking said cager for all he's worth, if you need a referral to a good PI lawyer down therem, drop me a PM, I'll do some research and find out who the bloodthirstiest ambulance chaser around is down there.

Re: Re: damn!

Originally posted by highsider
    Speaking of taking said cager for all he's worth, if you need a referral to a good PI lawyer down therem, drop me a PM, I'll do some research and find out who the bloodthirstiest ambulance chaser around is down there.

That's fuggin pinnacle dude!!! You rock!!! If I ever need a bloodsucking lawyer, I'll call ya!

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

That sucks. You gotta be prepared for anything around there. Especially in the tourist zones.

I live right down the st. from there next to harvard stadium. Thankfully I avoid the mess of harvad sq most of the time.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

glad to hear your brother is not to bad. Fifteen years ago I had an old man put his car in reverse at a stop sign and decided to back up thinking he was going forward. I happen to be behind him on a bike with my wife on the back. I swevered but he caught the crash bar I had on the bike with his front fender. I bounced the bike twice while my wife got off then I proceded to get dragged under the bike over 200 feet till he hit a parked car which stop everything. He did not even know he hit me till he walked around the side I was on. The 1st thing he claimed was it was MY FAULT! The cop did not cite him with anything and since I was on my way to the hospital in an ambalance did not know that. I later found out he actually was trying to SUE ME for all the damage to his and another vehicle claiming I tried to go around him, and he tried to avoid me by backing up!?? Needless to say it went no where but cost me some money for a lawyer for court! Turns out the guy was the ex-chief of police from the past and was friends with all the judges in the town, go figure! My bike was totalled and my insurance company paid all my medical bills and told me they where not even going to try to get the money from this guys insurance company because they know they will not win. The whole thing cost ME about 4 grand in lawyer fees to defend myself against this ass. The only witness was my wife, who still will not get on a bike.

Moral of the story.....talk to a lawyer now. I am not the suing kind of person but I believe you need to PROTECT yourself. If there were any witnesses did you get their names and addresses? Also get a copy of the police report, make sure they give you the WHOLE report. They had given me and my lawyer only the 1st page of mine and we did not find that out till court day. It really suck but you really need to protect yourself because I gaurentee this guys story is changing, and he is getting advice from everyone on how to beat it!

Again glad he is alright (relatively) but protect yourself! Good luck!

Bad Dog speaks the truth! MONTHS after my m/c accident, the car I hit tried getting ALL kindsa money from my insurance company. I hit a car coming at me in the opposite lane, and it was CLEARLY my fault. But all I did was break the bead on her back tire. My bro's that were at the accident even swapped that wheel for her spare for her. Months later, I get a call from my insurance company about her trying to get 'em to pay for a new windshield and some dents on THE OTHER side of her car and her trunk! The ONLY way I coulda dented ANYTHING on the OTHER SIDE of her car is if I pounded it with my fists as I was cartwheeling over it at about 50-60 MPH, and I was in NO WAY near her windshield...

If he doesn't talk to a bloodsucker, make sure HE'S sure to tell his insurance doods the WHOLE story, right off the bat...

sorry to hear about the accident jesse, glad your brother will be able to ride again. i go through harvard sq every day and i know the streets are just so stupidly routed, combined with the incredibly stupid drivers, it's always like bumper cars in that area.

WSMC #940